Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant high pitch electronic whine, even when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please listen to the attached video for what the whine sounds like.

The sound is from underneath the car, in between the two front wheels.

The sound has a constant high pitch, like when your TV lost signal. It is not the same humming from warming the battery.

I think it started after the last OTA update.
It is constantly making the sound, both when driving and parked. It only stopped after parking for several minutes when the car fully shuts down.

If the car is charging, then the sound will continue indefinitely as long as the car is plugged in.

Any known fix to this?

Attachments

• ModelXWhine.mp4.txt
    9.6 MB · Views: 501
My car really has so many issues. Trim misalignment, multiple source of cabin noise, front driver door couldn't close automatically when it is not fully opened, now this crazy constant sound...

Any chance I can convince Tesla to exchange me for a new vehicle?

Tesla has people working on it . . . some other threads here on TMC.
From what I've read, Tech people say it won't hurt the car . . . not so sure about owners nerves.🤪

My car really has so many issues. Trim misalignment, multiple source of cabin noise, front driver door couldn't close automatically when it is not fully opened, now this crazy constant sound...

Any chance I can convince Tesla to exchange me for a new vehicle?
Lemon law is pretty good in CA. Find a lawyer who deals with that...It won't cost you anything, they get paid by the manufacturer (Tesla)

Reactions: focher
I have a 2022 Plaid Model X and it does the EXACT same thing. Mine does it ALL the time though you can just notice it more when parked in the garage. Essentially anytime it comes out of sleep mode or connects with my bluetooth key (iPhone) it starts. It started recently for about the past 2-3 weeks. Cannot get a service appointment until NOVEMBER 5, 2022 here in Tampa!!!