Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never had this issue but today when me car got 2022.24.6 i noticed after the update this werid buzzing sound coming from the car

I did reset and power off/on with no luck

Opened service request with Tesla and waiting there reaponse but wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

Because the sound seems (not 100% sure coming from the frunk toward the lower side) i am worried something wrong with the battery so i moved the car outside the garage away from my other Tesla waiting for the service center to respond.

Don’t blame you for putting it outside ;)

Try taking for a drive (but not to far)
Try roadside assistance.
Try changing tire size (that does a different type of reboot).

Keep us posted.

morning update: the sound was gone when I checked since the car was sleeping. when started her to drive back to the garage, the sound came back. so no clue now what is next until Tesla contact me back (the service appointment is 3 weeks away!!)

update 2: sound gone after 45 min (I guess how long it take the car to sleep) buttering that time, the sounds stays on the whole time. I understand Teslas will make some sound, clicking while parked but never heard it doing this. ---> Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla

update 3: confirmed when the car sleep after 30 min or so sound is gone, if I opened the App the sound come back again.

Last edited:
Never had this issue but today when me car got 2022.24.6 i noticed after the update this werid buzzing sound coming from the car

I did reset and power off/on with no luck

Opened service request with Tesla and waiting there reaponse but wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

Because the sound seems (not 100% sure coming from the frunk toward the lower side) i am worried something wrong with the battery so i moved the car outside the garage away from my other Tesla waiting for the service center to respond.

That is really interesting, as I have the same exact sound after updating to 2022.24.6. I just requested a Tesla service appointment this morning. I was thinking if something was going to happen to the battery too.

Reactions: nilesborg
That is really interesting, as I have the same exact sound after updating to x. I just requested a Tesla service appointment this morning. I was thinking if something was going to happen to the battery too.
wow so same sound that starts when you wake the car up? can you record it if you don't mind.

never heard of it until I got 2022.24.6 last night around 7PM. checked the car at 8 when done to see the changes then I noticed this. Funny thing I was waiting for this update to see if it fix my ANR issue which seems to be fine now.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
That is exactly what is happening.

I asked Tesla if they can push me 22.24.8 to try or roll me back to the old one. So fingers crossed.

Also did you notice an extra battery drain? Mine dropped since prked last night from 67% to 62% after the update! Usually I see 1% every 24 hours.