Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Consumer AV - Status Tracking Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was bad.
If Tesla did that, we would say it was bad. It entered the roundabout at the wrong time and didn't wait, then it got stuck and white car had to avoid it.
IMO, 100 times better than humans. It seemed pretty good to me.

I've yet to see Tesla FSD 12.3.x videos on a VERY busy roundabout like that one. All the examples have been simple with few cars.

Mobileye has delivered the first EyeQ6™ Lite system-on-chip production candidate to its customers, marking the beginning of the EyeQ6 family. Some 46 million vehicles are expected to be installed with Mobileye's newest ADAS chip, adding to the 170 million vehicles on the road today, already benefitting from an EyeQ chip.

IMO, this is big news since the eyeQ6 chip is the next-gen chip that Mobileye will use in their most advanced driver assist and autonomous driving systems.

My FSD (12.3.4 '17 TMX) works OK but awful in the rain (limit speeds in light rain) and does not handle narrow mountain roads very good at all as far as lane centering. These types of roads have "rumble strip" under the center/yellow and side/white line. My FSD would make noise on both of them. The variable speed is pretty inconsistent and annoying, too. Even on straight roads with no traffic it is not hitting my set speed (ie. 60 on 55 mph road, etc.)

@Bladerskb I thought this line from the Mobileye Q1 2024 financial report was interesting. It seems to hint at Mobileye adopting state-of-the-art AI in SuperVision and Chauffeur. I think we will see Mobileye shift to more SOTA ML.

The software stack to be embedded in these systems includes state-of-the-art novel Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems including end-to-end perception and end-to-end actuation running in parallel, for purposes of redundancy, to the networks powering our current generation of SuperVision.

Source: Mobileye Releases First Quarter 2024 Results and Provides Business Overview | Mobileye

Last edited:
This is not good. Very bad disengagement and subpar driving on a very easy route. Confirming what I have been saying for a while now.

@Bladerskb I thought this line from the Mobileye Q1 2024 financial report was interesting. It seems to hint at Mobileye adopting state-of-the-art AI in SuperVision and Chauffeur. I think we will see Mobileye shift to more SOTA ML.

Source: Mobileye Releases First Quarter 2024 Results and Provides Business Overview | Mobileye
They better or they're in trouble. the dual EyeQ5 system is NOT good.

• Helpful
Reactions: diplomat33