TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Consumer Reports" - Tesla Model S - Most Loved Car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Curt Renz, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

#1 Curt Renz, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    "Consumer Reports" Video Published 2014 DEC 02:

2. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

This is great. Some people think my wife and I are crazy for investing $100k in this car but I just keep hearing stories like this and it makes me more happy with our decision. The irony is my father in law considers consumer reports the "bible" with what product is the best on the market and he drives a Versa! He actually showed me the black circle rating of a VW Jetta when I pulled up in a brand new one about 20yrs ago. I will certainly play this video for him.

3. sickfox

sickfox Member

awesome!

4. catnip

catnip Member

Definitely, I will buy another Tesla again in 10 years when my "S" retires.

5. Notacarguy

Notacarguy Member

Lol, my car right before this was a Versa

6. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Nice anecdote, Racerx22b. Please let us know how your father-in-law reacts to the video. And of course tell us if he buys a Model S.

7. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Versa to Model S? That's quite an upgrade! :biggrin:

8. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

This was an awesome video -- thanks for sharing it with us!

Would I buy another Tesla? Well I plan on being at the front of the line when the Model 3 is released. I figure how bad can it be... It's a Tesla!

9. Notacarguy

Notacarguy Member

Don't I know it. The registration tax alone on the MS was almost the resale value of the Versa.

10. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

No chance in hell that happens. He went from a Geo Metro to the Versa.

Surprisingly he is very supportive of the Tesla due to never purchasing gas again... But $100k for a car is not something he could fathom. I just bought a '14 Supercharged Range Rover Sport and the price of that almost made him faint. The Model S "is for my wife". That's what I'm telling her anyway. She loves it. So do I! Counting the days.

11. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Glad that there is still upward mobility in America. Did you buy your Model S with profits from shares of Tesla stock?

12. Notacarguy

Notacarguy Member

I have kept my Tesla stock. I am actually in a pretty lucrative profession, I have just never seen cars as a wise use of my money. I was of the mindset that four wheels and and engine was all I really needed.

The Tesla changed that. In my first post ever on TMC I had mentioned that this car is more than all my previous cars combined, but I am enjoying it immensely and plan to keep it for a long time.

In defense of the Versa, it is a very cheap econo box that people buy to save money, not because of its features, so its not surprising that people said they wouldn't buy it again (unless they couldn't afford something more expensive). It actually served me well and is on its way to California for my father in law to use.

13. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

If someone who is not a car guy buys Tesla then it is time to declare Model S has gone mainstream

14. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

You're welcome, MassModel3. Will you be trading in your Model S for a Model 3 or just adding the Model 3?

15. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

We went from a two Camry family to a Camry plus Model S. We were planning to go directly to the Model 3's (replacing both Camry's), but Tesla offered us a deal on a lower end used Model S that was impossible to pass up. When the Model 3 comes out, we plan to replace the other Camry with a fairly loaded one. Sooo looking forward to it!

16. TES-E

TES-E Member

Good move! Welcome to the Model S!