Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Conti Purecontact LS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you considered the new Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack tire? It's getting rave reviews from the few folks who have purchased them and bothered to post a review. I'm considering them for my replacement tires when ready. Just asking, since you mentioned noise level.

Have you considered the new Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack tire? It's getting rave reviews from the few folks who have purchased them and bothered to post a review. I'm considering them for my replacement tires when ready. Just asking, since you mentioned noise level.
I did but they cost significantly more and there are no reviews yet. At the rate this car chews through tires it is hard to justify 25% or more for only noise improvement. If that tire will prove to be a winner on multiple fronts yes, but again someone willing to share should chew through a set first. In the meantime you only buy Bridgestone marketing in my opinion.

I did but they cost significantly more and there are no reviews yet. At the rate this car chews through tires it is hard to justify 25% or more for only noise improvement. If that tire will prove to be a winner on multiple fronts yes, but again someone willing to share should chew through a set first. In the meantime you only buy Bridgestone marketing in my opinion.

Did you check prices and reviews on TireRack? That's where I saw a couple of reviews, both very positive. The price there seemed to be pretty good, but don't know how it compares to price of Conti Purecontact LS

Did you check prices and reviews on TireRack? That's where I saw a couple of reviews, both very positive. The price there seemed to be pretty good, but don't know how it compares to price of Conti Purecontact LS
Yes, if I remember well the Bridgestone a were at around 280 and the Contis at 212. Reviews were not concludent... A new tire is a new tire and always better than a warn one. We need to see reviews at 15k miles 20k miles etc. Same for the Conti... I did not see a Tesla review that concludes. There are reviews on ice cars.

Yes, if I remember well the Bridgestone a were at around 280 and the Contis at 212. Reviews were not concludent... A new tire is a new tire and always better than a warn one. We need to see reviews at 15k miles 20k miles etc. Same for the Conti... I did not see a Tesla review that concludes. There are reviews on ice cars.

OK, hope someone on here can give you some feedback on the Conti's!

I have about 1k miles on a new set of Purecontact LS. They perform very similarly to Michelin MXM4 as far as ride, noise, and responsiveness, though they have a bit less grip. Compared to Goodyear Eagle Touring, Purecontact LS are superior in every way and hopefully last longer than the 22k miles I got out of a set. Even with the foam insert, the Goodyears are noisier. Of the three, the Goodyears are the most efficient, averaging about 270 wh/mile on my car with 19" wheels, while the Michelins and the Continentals are closer to 290 wh/mile.

I was down to 4/32" tread on my Goodyear Eagle OEM tires (got 34,900mi / 56,000km out of them) and wanted to replace them before a big upcoming road trip I'm taking.

I just put on Continental PureContact LS (19") on my 2017 Model S 100D (w/OEM Slipstream wheels) today. Leaving on a 5000 mi (8000km) road trip on Thursday so I'll report back on wh/mi compared to previously as well as handling and other factors once I get back.

I was down to 4/32" tread on my Goodyear Eagle OEM tires (got 34,900mi / 56,000km out of them) and wanted to replace them before a big upcoming road trip I'm taking.

I just put on Continental PureContact LS (19") on my 2017 Model S 100D (w/OEM Slipstream wheels) today. Leaving on a 5000 mi (8000km) road trip on Thursday so I'll report back on wh/mi compared to previously as well as handling and other factors once I get back.
great...keep us updated as your trip progresses

LS and QT are the 2 I looked at in-depth for a while. I decided on LS due to lower price and EcoPlus. At the rate tires are replaced it makes sense. Plus. I doubt any Tesla will achieve 80K miles on QTs.

LS and QT are the 2 I looked at in-depth for a while. I decided on LS due to lower price and EcoPlus. At the rate tires are replaced it makes sense. Plus. I doubt any Tesla will achieve 80K miles on QTs.
I have been using these in the Seattle area for over a year and over 15k miles. Very happy! Will see how long they last. So far much better than the Goodyear which were "good" for a year but horrible on rain. These are day and night better.

Super happy! Insane how quiet they are compared to OEM tires. See my post in this other thread regarding my experience with the PureContact LS so far:

Sorry for the late response. The the road trip ended up being a little longer than I expected. 11498km (7145mi) total. Here is the rough map of where I went:
View attachment 589738

Facts about the trip:

• I had the Continental PureContact LS (19") on my 2017 Model S 100D (w/OEM Slipstream wheels) the entire trip. I put them on brand new right before the trip (I might have put 30 or 40km on them before the trip started).
  • The trip was roughly Aug 1st til Aug 23rd
  • The final week of the trip (from San Fran til Grand Junction) was HOT. 43°C / 110°F on average (yes, average)
  • 190.1Wh/km or 306Wh/mi was my average energy usage across the entire trip.
  • I'm an idiot and forgot to record the exact average speed, but I believe it was around 104km/h / 65mph

Here is my short review:
  • First impression is that they are QUIET. By a lot. My partner even commented on it without me saying anything when we did the first drive with them. They are definitely quieter than the Goodyear Eagle OEM tires I had on before.
  • Great traction in both dry and wet. Handling is about what you would expect for a Grand Touring tire; not super squishy but also not the same response as sport tires
  • Based on my daily commute since I've been back from my trip, my energy usage has dropped about 3-9Wh/km or 5-15Wh/mi compared to the Goodyears.