Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental CrossContact Lx vs dws 06 in the snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Had a question regarding snow tire performance. I have a p90x and am taking a trip to a ski town this weekend. Weather looks like snow storm for part of it. My stock tires were the 22 inch continental extreme dws 06. I subsequently recently bought 20 inch rims primarily for cold weather/road trips and the lower range I was experiencing with the 22s. The tires on them are the continental lx sport m+s. I currently have the 20s on the car.

I have my superchargers planned out well and don’t anticipate any huge close calls with range. Do you guys think that the 20s LX sport and the 22s DWS 06 are likely comparable in snow performance or will the dws 06 will be a lot better? If range isn’t a huge issue besides the trip taking longer is it better to switch back to the 22s for this trip or just leave on the 20s? (Yes I know snow tires are the best but that isn’t the option was looking for here).

Thanks

These are both "all-season" tyres so I doubt there will be that much in it. What you really need here is a set of Conti WinterContacts, which are night and day better in snow. Personally I wouldn't head anywhere near a ski resort on anything other than full winter tyres, especially if a snow storm is forecast!

Blizzak's are the way to go - you'll die without snows. My 20's came with pirelli snows and they are crummy in the snow - I will switch to Blizzak's next year. I cannot even imagine driving in the snow with my 22's

20 Conti. Very good in snow here in NC

IMG_5385.jpeg

Reactions: DelPhonic1