Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental extremecontact tires - bouncy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a p85 and put continental extremecontact tires on the 19's. Just got the car. Tires seem to be a little bouncy if that makes sense. Any one else notice that with those tires, or have any recommendations for better ones?

Have these tires on Audi Q7 and I sure love them for what they are All Season tires but I have the Ultra Performance Extreme Contact DSW

I have the DW version on a Z3 coupe and the DWS version on my MS. I can't think of a better tire. If the tire pressures are correct I don't know what to tell you. I've had tires that were 'harder' riding but not in a good way. Michelin Pilot Sports are my second favorite tire. I didn't care for the ride of the A/S version but haven't driven those since the first iteration. A word of caution if you go to Michelin: they take a few miles to warm up and cool wet roads can be a little scary until they do.

Very perceptive! Yes the EC tires are literally more "bouncy". They have a soft, thin sidewall construction with very little damping.

Tires like the PSS are actually in the midrange on sidewall damping....tires go way up from there, typically combined with more stiffness and greater response. But, there is a weight penalty that usually comes with those characteristics.