Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental Road Hazard Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went back to the tire shop. Continental authorized a new tire but no one has any. Not the tire shop or continental. Zero stock anywhere. Lovely. They’re going to patch it while we try to find other winters. Anyone know if anyone with stock of the continental winter contact si?

• Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
Got a nail in my winter tires that are 2 weeks old. Anyone know how to claim the warranty? Do you go to any tire place?

Probably won't help you this time, but Costco has an awesome road hazard warranty for tires purchased from them. I believe it's 5 years/60k miles. I got a nail in one of my Volt's tires that I purchased from Costco, and using the warranty was easy as pie. Just took it in, they inspected it and found a nail in the tread (near the edge of the tire so not patchable). They measured the wear on the tire, and I only had to pay for portion I had "used" already (I think they measured I had used 1/8th of the tread), so I paid 1/8th the price of a new tire. No charge for installation.

Probably won't help you this time, but Costco has an awesome road hazard warranty for tires purchased from them. I believe it's 5 years/60k miles. I got a nail in one of my Volt's tires that I purchased from Costco, and using the warranty was easy as pie. Just took it in, they inspected it and found a nail in the tread (near the edge of the tire so not patchable). They measured the wear on the tire, and I only had to pay for portion I had "used" already (I think they measured I had used 1/8th of the tread), so I paid 1/8th the price of a new tire. No charge for installation.

I also vouch for Costco, but unfortunately they wouldn't install on my 3, at least the location I went to. Had ordered Xice, they were still $250-300 more than the Conti's after rebate so I ended up going with Can Tire Conti's myself. But back to Costco, once had 4x runflats on my BMW purchased+installed costco, one got a nail in it and because it's AWD they ended up swapping all four tires for new ones and charging me the depreciation -- it came to like $70 but I had all new tires. I doubt any other company would allow that.

So they repaired the tire. Continental has offered to allow me to get a new set of 4 outside branded tires and they’ll cover them since there is no stock on the ones I have. The ones the tire shop can get at this point are:
Toyo garit kx
Nokian wr g4
Nexen winguard sport

Not sure what to do. Keep the ones I wanted with one of them being repaired 3 weeks in or go with four new ones from a different manufacturer. Opinions welcome.

So they repaired the tire. Continental has offered to allow me to get a new set of 4 outside branded tires and they’ll cover them since there is no stock on the ones I have. The ones the tire shop can get at this point are:
Toyo garit kx
Nokian wr g4
Nexen winguard sport

Not sure what to do. Keep the ones I wanted with one of them being repaired 3 weeks in or go with four new ones from a different manufacturer. Opinions welcome.

Interesting wrg4 in there it’s an all weather on the regen thread people are saying wrg4 has no regen loss. But then it’s not a dedicated winter tire so catch 22. If you can get xice or sotto or r4’s then maybe worth it

This is all very interesting to me. Sorry for the bad luck @Darthbenji but without your incident, I wouldn’t have even known about Continental’s warranty. I’m even more surprised at their offer to buy you 4 new, non-Continental tires! That sounds amazing to me and now I’m extra glad I bought the same tires.

Is there an option to wait until the WinterContact SI’s are available again and get 4 net new ones then? Alternatively, is your tire place expecting any other winter tires in the near future?

This is all very interesting to me. Sorry for the bad luck @Darthbenji but without your incident, I wouldn’t have even known about Continental’s warranty. I’m even more surprised at their offer to buy you 4 new, non-Continental tires! That sounds amazing to me and now I’m extra glad I bought the same tires.

Is there an option to wait until the WinterContact SI’s are available again and get 4 net new ones then? Alternatively, is your tire place expecting any other winter tires in the near future?

I’m going to ask continental if they’ll let me get four net new ones when they’re available. I really like the tire and after this, think they’re a pretty great company to deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Techniques
I know I'm late getting to this conversation but am just looking into the road hazard warranty since I hit a pot hole and ultimately needed to get all 4 tires replaced. My model 3 is less than 2 years old but I wasn't aware to register the tires. Would I still be able to use the warranty at this point if they've all already been replaced? How do I start that process? Thanks for the help.