Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continual Bluetooth disconnects!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had spotty Bluetooth connectivity and talked with a Tesla service rep (Zander), who recommended that I recycle the power to the entire car, then reset the touchscreen, then re-pair my phone. That fixed the problem. To reset the power to the entire car, go to Controls > Safety and hit the Power Off button. Let the car power down and leave the power off for 2 minutes. Then hit the brake pedal to turn the car back on. To reset the touchscreen, push down both buttons on the steering wheel. To re-pair my phone, go to Bluetooth on the touchscreen, forget my phone, and go to Settings > Bluetooth on my iPhone to forget the Tesla. Then re-pair the phone to the Tesla.

I also have this same issue with my Android Phone Xiaomi Poco F1.

Latest Tesla software on both the the phone and the car (late-2021 MIC Model 3).

When I receive a call it connects/disconnects every 5 seconds.

This results in the call jumping from my phone to the car and back loosing half of the conversation in the process.

I can't believe Tesla, as a high-tech company, has such a lousy, low-quality Bluetooth implementation on their most popular cars.

This is obviously not the fault of a single phone model or Tesla software version but a broad issue coming from badly implemented Bluetooth functionality.