Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous high pitch "whistling"/"whirring" noise when charging or when "woken up"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently purchased a 2023 Model 3 RWD. All is well, except when the unit is charging or "woken up" (door open, trunk open etc) there is a high pitch whirring/whistling noise coming from the front part of the vehicle. It's fairly faint, though clearly heard in a quiet garage. Is this normal? The Chevy Bolt sitting right next to it is dead quiet when charging. It almost sounds like a bit of inverter whine, but I can't put my finger on it. I can't sort out how to embed an audio file with this post so here's dropbox link to .wav file recording. Desktop.wav. Thoughts?

Recently purchased a 2023 Model 3 RWD. All is well, except when the unit is charging or "woken up" (door open, trunk open etc) there is a high pitch whirring/whistling noise coming from the front part of the vehicle. It's fairly faint, though clearly heard in a quiet garage. Is this normal? The Chevy Bolt sitting right next to it is dead quiet when charging. It almost sounds like a bit of inverter whine, but I can't put my finger on it. I can't sort out how to embed an audio file with this post so here's dropbox link to .wav file recording. Desktop.wav. Thoughts?
Hard to tell from the clip but could it be the AC? Does it go away when you turn the AC off?

Noise keeps going even though AC is off. As long as the car is charging -or- sentry mode is on or otherwise "awake", the noise is made. I'm curious to know from other Model 3 RWD owners if their cars are dead quiet when charging in the quiet garage or whether they too, also here a similar (low level) noise.

I have a high pitch intermittent squeeking noise (like a cricket) when my 2023 MYLR is preconditioning. I saw someone state on Redit it may be coming from a fan motor. I will have it checked by service soon. Anyone else have this issue?