Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2022 High Pitch Noise Coming from Vehicle When in Park and Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed a high pitch noise coming from my brand new 2022 Model S I just took delivery of. The noise is very prominent while in park and while charging. Is anyone else having this issue? I have spoken with multiple dealerships and they say they were aware of this issue prior to me taking delivery of the vehicle; clear design defect of the car they should have disclosed. They say they will fix it with an update but they have no clue as to when as they cant locate the problem.

I'd have to hear it, but a lot of the older 85 Model S have something going on where, when your charge is over 75%, there's a constant whining of the air conditioning motor. I think it's just to get the charge back down so the battery lasts. Not sure if it has anything to do with what's going on in your cars, but maybe it's a data point.

I went to the dealer for this exact same issue (high pitched noise) a month or so ago after it surfaced when the software updated. The dealer said it would resolve with a future software update and to hold tight. The noise completely stopped a couple days ago when I did the most recent software update.

Reactions: MNDan