Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Control my tesla M3 from the cover screen of my Z-flip 3 5g

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a new phone, i went from a "normal" form factor to a flip phone, the Samsung Z-Flip 3 (5g).

Normally i would open the trunk using the notification on my android phone, now.... i have to flip open my phone to do that.... this is not a nice way to do that because you have to use both hands to open the phone.

Is there a way to use the cover screen of the phone to do this?!
This would be awsome.

I just got a new phone, i went from a "normal" form factor to a flip phone, the Samsung Z-Flip 3 (5g).

Normally i would open the trunk using the notification on my android phone, now.... i have to flip open my phone to do that.... this is not a nice way to do that because you have to use both hands to open the phone.

Is there a way to use the cover screen of the phone to do this?!
This would be awsome.
Not at the minute pal, but theres always app evolvement. maybe 1 day buddy.

How do you change your phone on the wireless charging mats?

@AntCahill hope they add that soon. And for the charging, i just put it (closed) on one of the charging mats and it charges.... i read many people have issues with the location of the coil on the phone, but mine seems to charge just fine. But i don't charge my phone in the car very often i must say....

@Randy-12 google Samsung z-flip 3 5g, or Fold.... it's becomming bigger and bigger. I personally was fed up with the fact that my smartphone did not fit in my pocket anymore... now it does :p

Reactions: elf9
I heard about Cover Screen OS and tried it last night - wasn't able to get it to load the Tesla app correctly but there's hope. I got my Flip 4 this week and am loving it. I have a pre-2020 M3 so I went with a 3rd party wireless charging pad and it works great, can put my phone down in the middle and it starts charging.