Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convert MYLR order to MYP - Not possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MYLR in Dec 2021.
After many delays and time spent sitting on my hands I want to change to the MYP.

I read posts that Tesla is allowing people to change their order to other trim/options with original pricing @ time of order. (vs reordering at today’s pricing).

I’m coming from MYSR and I’m leaning towards MYP now. Speaking to Tesla on the phone they first said this is now allowed in Canada, but then changed their tune and said I need to reorder at new pricing and go to the back of the line.

Is post-order upgrade something that Tesla allows in the US? What about Canada?
Does it typically move your delivery date sooner?

It would be a nice gesture after holding onto my non-refundable deposit for so long without committing to any kind of timeline.

Solution
Congrats to you all who were able to switch. I’m assuming you are all in the US?
Unfortunately Canada seems to be left out from this option for unknown reasons. Maybe some Tesla insider here can get something going.

Would’ve jumped on this since I’m paying $2,600 for the induction wheels anyway. Removing that - the jump to Performance is not that significant.. at the old pricing.
You can now do it in Canada without being subject to the current prices.

To do it yourself use this link with your own RN # at the end: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#########

You may need to enter that URL a couple times, sometimes it first just takes you to your account Dashboard (after login) but usually then if you just enter the...
I switched from MYLR (with 20” wheel upgrade) to MYP.

Order date: Dec 2nd
Original Price: $80,870 +tax
Delivery Window: November - December(?). Pushed from original estimate of May ‘22.

Changed order: July 5th
New Price: $86,480 +tax
New Delivery Window: July 27-Aug 2

The price differential from Dec to now was larger on the LR than the P. But when factoring in the cost of the 20” wheel upgrade, the jump to performance is under $6k. Hard to pass on AMG-ish 0-60 for $6k.

Hoping the family can deal with the harsher ride and frequent tire swaps. Also planning to reuse my existing 19” R171 snow tire setup.

Thanks again to the folks here. Hope this thread helps others.

Reactions: MacO512
Upvote 0
I switched from MYLR (with 20” wheel upgrade) to MYP.

Order date: Dec 2nd
Original Price: $80,870 +tax
Delivery Window: November - December(?). Pushed from original estimate of May ‘22.

Changed order: July 5th
New Price: $86,480 +tax
New Delivery Window: July 27-Aug 2

The price differential from Dec to now was larger on the LR than the P. But when factoring in the cost of the 20” wheel upgrade, the jump to performance is under $6k. Hard to pass on AMG-ish 0-60 for $6k.

Hoping the family can deal with the harsher ride and frequent tire swaps. Also planning to reuse my existing 19” R171 snow tire setup.

Thanks again to the folks here. Hope this thread helps others.

Yeah I ultimately am sticking with the LR because I want the 3rd row. If they offered in a MYP I'd get that, jealous of your 3.5s!

Upvote 0