Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant System Problem ID:1447

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Came back from holiday to find my beloved Roadster reporting the above error.

20161109_141547.jpg

I've checked the coolant reservoir and it seems OK. I've also contacted Tesla UK (eventually) who advised me:

1. Not to drive the car
2. Drop the car off at their B'ham service centre so they can take a look

Ahem. Tricky. A very long push then. But has anyone had the above and is there:

A. a well known way to sort this?
B. A way of sending Tesla additional diagnostics before I risk the drive?

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance you can provide.

Eugene

A number of people have had to replace their circulator pump(s). Can you hear the pump when the car is awake? Does the AC work in the car?

Thanks, Henry. I'll have a play with the car tomorrow with a view to seeing if it's driveable, or needs to be collected.

PS. It certainly hums loudly when awake. Is the pump sound more 'gurgly' like fluid moving through pipes?

Thanks, Henry. I'll have a play with the car tomorrow with a view to seeing if it's driveable, or needs to be collected.

PS. It certainly hums loudly when awake. Is the pump sound more 'gurgly' like fluid moving through pipes?
Yes, you will hear the "gurgly" sound when the pump is running. If you pop the trunk, you should see coolant moving in the reservoir also.

Reactions: eugenel
How far are you from the service centre? I wouldn't be too concerned about driving it short distances. The pack takes a while to warm up, especially if it's starting from a low ambient temperature. You can monitor the temperature of the max brick from the service screen. Take it slow, don't punch the accelerator, and pull over if the max brick temperature exceeds 40C.

Reactions: eugenel
How far are you from the service centre? I wouldn't be too concerned about driving it short distances. The pack takes a while to warm up, especially if it's starting from a low ambient temperature. You can monitor the temperature of the max brick from the service screen. Take it slow, don't punch the accelerator, and pull over if the max brick temperature exceeds 40C.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. The coolant pump is clearly running, so I'l just pootle down to the local service centre. Thanks to those who've tried to help me. :)