Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cornering Light Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm in the process of upgrading my tech package non fog lights to have foglights. I bought the driver side and installed it, the amber lights and LED tube thing light up, but the cornering light does not work. Would you consider this normal with the swap to a whole new fog light unit?

Basically I replaced the whole fog light housing so I have the actual fog lights now. I know I need to have Tesla activate the fog lights, but I thought that the cornering lights should still be working since I had that option on my tech package. Just need to know if they should be working because if not, I need to send back this fog light because its broken.

Once you start putting in parts that use the same wiring harness but are different components, you don't know if you have a hardware issue or a software issue. You can test the cornering lights by applying power to the appropriate pins in the light assembly harness and see if they light up. It's very unlikely you have a bad component, more than likely the issue is with your software configuration...

I recently had both of my headlights replaced by Tesla mobile service. Although my software was up to date he pushed the firmware after the install to ensure the lights worked properly. Service technician told me it was standard practice and that if he didn’t push the software lights may not work properly.

Maybe you just need the software pushed again. Hope this is helpful. Model S 75D