Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corpus Christi Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
My wife and son are driving to Corpus Christi next week from San Antonio (about 150 miles) for a soccer tournament. They'll be there two nights. Looks like they can go to La Palmera Mall and charge, which is about 5 miles from their hotel (Holiday Inn at Emerald Beach). Hotel is checking for exterior outlets, but anyone know of anything closer to that part of Corpus than the mall? Thanks.

Stop for lunch at Home Made Kitchen in George West both directions? 80A HPWC

The marina, which is about a mile away from the hotel, would have outlets, but boats use a different type of plug than RVs, so that probably won't be easy.

The Aquarium on North Beach has a charging station, but it is very low power. Sending her to the mall for several hours of charging might get expensive.

Greg,
there is also a Nissan dealership nearby. You can see it in plugshare, but those can be really wimpy (24A). I took my M S down there last October and barely made it because a) did not fully charge it because I didn't think I needed it and b) I drove to fast and there is a headwind the whole way. I charged at an RV park in Port Aransas that I found on Plugshare but their circuits would only run continuously at 35A. Luckily it was walking distance to my hotel and I could let it run all day, which was required. RV park apps on my phone show some parks half way to Corpus and some nearby. Call me if you like.
Michael