Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corvette Z06 vs. Model 3 Performance comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded my manual, supercharged 2014 C7 for a Model 3 Performance in September and have no regrets so far. We’ll see how this years Autocross season goes. Only thing I’m missing is the Targa.

I only watched some of the video but some of the points for getting rid of the Corvette were similar. We don’t have kids but we often pickup my sister or other family or friends on the way to activities so we would always end up in the Volt or her Escape. I’m not driving my Model 3 in the winter so that didn’t play into it. Tesla gave me $34,200 for the C7 in September. The dealer that bought it at auction has had it on their lot for almost 2 months for $39k and it hasn’t sold yet.

I just looked, they dropped the price. I’m very happy with what Tesla gave me for mine and it made it super easy.
Used 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT Coupe Manual for Sale in Manheim PA 17545 Nye Motor Co.

Last edited:
I *think* you are being serious here, if so, then thanks, and I agree. I don't call them drones or UAVs or UASs, quadcopter feels the most correct, sometimes I'll call them racing quads but then people assume I mean ATV's... Anywho, whatever they are called, it's great fun :)
Yes, I get confused when people call a multirotor a drone when they are manual flight only. Tesla makes drones if and when summons works, but mine rarely does. I would gladly buy and fly UAS but don't want to get a license to fly in my back yard. Have a few for indoor use and have a couple RC cars.

You're right - it was a slightly inflated cost - really as stated on my order agreement from October of this year, it was $66,290. Add the finance charge and that comes up to $70,693 over the life of the loan. But then I am having the entire car wrapped in Xpel, I got a wall charger (and had it professionally installed), and some other miscellaneous - yet in my opinion critical - add-ons like a wireless charger for my phone, memory card for sentry mode, vinyl to protect the piano gloss interior, seat protectors, car seats for my kids, etc. etc. etc. so for *me* it's about a $77k initial investment. I should have made that more clear, and will do so in a follow up video :)

To anybody who is following along, I did make a new video where I talk about this in relatively granular detail. Cheers!

Reactions: turns2stone