Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my model s plaid!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no data on the EVs just the final time, but they comment that the Plaid did 0-150 in 9.7 and the Sapphire took 1 second less (so I assume 8.7). Also, they mentioned the braking portion on the Lucid was uphill. Since the Lucid reached 150 1 second faster but the overall 0-150-0 was just 0.7 seconds faster (15.5 vs 16.2), that would mean that the Lucid was worst on the braking portion even though it had CCB's and better tires than the Plaid. Looking forward for a real comparison between the Sapphire and the Plaid with the track package.
How can a plaid run 9.2 at 156 but 0-150 in 9.7?
Most can respectively say we have run 9.3 9.4 over or at 150 so 0 to 150 in 9.7 is totally wrong

So i have owned my plaid since October 2021 .i have owned a few performance high horsepower cars including r8 v10 plus
Lamborghini Gallardo
2010 GTR alpha 9
1200hp c7 z06
1000hp 2018 zl1
M5 f10 etc
I enjoy drag racing not much of a road course guy. Besides the mind altering acceleration (alien technology) i wondered if like all the other cars i would get bored and get something else o was dead wrong. I drove taycan turbo s etron Besides the brand i couldn't fathom the price difference between them range performance other than breaking
I found myself only driving the plaid and nothing else daily going t9 the track whooping on 765lt 911 turbos without a worry about anything breaking. Besides the few times i went to service for minor things like a seal or a trim peace its been exceptional. Just wanted to see what other owners thoughts are on their experiences. Thanks guys
I’m very much in the same camp as you are. I’ve had a different stable of similarly fast cars as well:
RUF Gt2
RUF Cayenne Turbo (I was drunk.)
GT3
F430
360CS

When I first entered a highway in my plaid, (Which happened to be less than 2 minutes after setting foot on the dealers lot to pick the car up.) I was in shock at the rate and the linear feeling of the acceleration, then when you cross like 70mph and the traction control takes a break and it really starts to pull.

My safety score is a 36 though. I need to do something about that. (Also how does one happen to brake hard for 38 seconds? I’m not that good at math, but I believe that would require me slowing at the .3g threshold from like 255mph.

My safety score is a 36 though. I need to do something about that. (Also how does one happen to brake hard for 38 seconds? I’m not that good at math, but I believe that would require me slowing at the .3g threshold from like 255mph.
That thing is dumb. I made less than a 10 minute drive on a heavily trafficked street that was perfectly straight and it gave me 138 violations for the single trip.

That incident is why I would never consider Tesla insurance.

How can a plaid run 9.2 at 156 but 0-150 in 9.7?
Most can respectively say we have run 9.3 9.4 over or at 150 so 0 to 150 in 9.7 is totally wrong
I’m not sure, but as an owner, I can say the acceleration past 60 must be felt to be fully comprehended, I would call it insane but it’s beyond insane beyond Ludacris it’s plaid mode! 😂

I kind of wish it were faster, but one is never truly satisfied, I guess. 😅
Tesla has to consider acceleration VS parts breaking (warranties). They could easily put the car at 600hp instead of 400 at launch, but you'd need heated up drag radials or slicks to take that much power, and it would turn street tires over so fast, the car would go into limp mode pretty much every time.

The real answer to this issue is having option to control power output and do rwd burnouts as an actual drag strip function instead of just changing suspension settings and wheel speed limits.

Tesla has to consider acceleration VS parts breaking (warranties). They could easily put the car at 600hp instead of 400 at launch, but you'd need heated up drag radials or slicks to take that much power, and it would turn street tires over so fast, the car would go into limp mode pretty much every time.

The real answer to this issue is having option to control power output and do rwd burnouts as an actual drag strip function instead of just changing suspension settings and wheel speed limits.
We're already traction limited off the line, so I feel like the real power increase could come above 70mph, where it does feel like it's got some more left in the tank. No chance, I'd say, Tesla gives us a power boost unless you have the carbon ceramics, - if ever. Got to sell us the Plaid+ that Elon said wasn't necessary...

We're already traction limited off the line, so I feel like the real power increase could come above 70mph, where it does feel like it's got some more left in the tank. No chance, I'd say, Tesla gives us a power boost unless you have the carbon ceramics, - if ever. Got to sell us the Plaid+ that Elon said wasn't necessary...
I feel the real power increase *is* above 70 or even 60 for me. It’s like all hell breaks loose after I pass the #60 mark and the thing searches forward so hard it feels like it’s going to lift off the road. That’s the best way I can describe it. Absolute insanity and perfect. There are sometimes times when I step on it and it’s a little lackluster. Other times it shocks me. Could use another 200 horse? At higher speeds maybe so, but when I’m driving around on an empty stomach, feeling a little lightheaded, I have to watch it. I never had this feeling in my old P85DL+ it was more a one trick pony off the line and not as impressive on the highway.

I feel the real power increase *is* above 70 or even 60 for me. It’s like all hell breaks loose after I pass the #60 mark and the thing searches forward so hard it feels like it’s going to lift off the road. That’s the best way I can describe it. Absolute insanity and perfect. There are sometimes times when I step on it and it’s a little lackluster. Other times it shocks me. Could use another 200 horse? At higher speeds maybe so, but when I’m driving around on an empty stomach, feeling a little lightheaded, I have to watch it. I never had this feeling in my old P85DL+ it was more a one trick pony off the line and not as impressive on the highway.
There’s no question it’s quick above 70, but it’s still gaining speed slower than below 70. 😅

I’d take same power output at any level of charge over more hp if given the choice.

I recently switched from plaid to chill mode at all times simply because I’ve come to realize ! simply don’t exercise enough self control.

Drive safe and enjoy.

IMG_0480.png

Last edited: