Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cosmetic or factory defect? (Or same difference)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my P3D two days ago and even though I went through it for 30 minutes making sure the car was acceptable, I missed a minor but major issue. On the passenger side, the front door and rear door are rubbing on 2 places to the point of wearing down through the primer and down to the metal. It’s hard to see with the doors closed so that’s probably why I initially missed it. So I’m still within my 7 day return window and even though I have that option, I really would like to keep the car as I got a $9k price adjustment due to it being a demo car. I sent an email with pics to the team that sold me the car and was told that this is cosmetic and not a defect so they would not fix it because of the price adjustment. I already know what I am going to do since I’m not the type to let a battle be lost over ignorance, but wanted to gauge opinions on wether you would consider this cosmetic or defect. Hell, the doors rub!!!!!!!!
42E7B50D-F766-4592-BBA8-8C7123A73768.jpeg

Looks dang good to me for $9k more in your pocket ;)They’ve already more than compensated for imperfections so I’d just get it fixed and move on unless you think it would cost more than $9k to fix.