Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of streaming music and movies in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another noob question.

How does data plan for Tesla Infotainment system works? Does it use my phone's data plan, or do I need to make some monthly payment (to Tesla?) to keep up with the usage?

I keep hearing those Tesla roadtrip videos where people stream Netflix within the car, but surely that uses up lots of high-bandwidth data!

As a Canadian, once I enter USA, what happens to all Tesla services that require online connectivity?

If you have premium connectivity from Tesla, the amount of data isn't limited. You might have gotten premium included with the car (like I do) otherwise you need to pay for the Premium connectivity service.
If you do not have premium, you can use your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot. In that case, your phone's data plan applies, with possible limits and overcharges.
I believe premium connectivity roams in the USA but I haven't tried it yet. I will let others confirm.

If you have premium connectivity from Tesla, the amount of data isn't limited. You might have gotten premium included with the car (like I do) otherwise you need to pay for the Premium connectivity service.
If you do not have premium, you can use your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot. In that case, your phone's data plan applies, with possible limits and overcharges.
I believe premium connectivity roams in the USA but I haven't tried it yet. I will let others confirm.
I don't have the car yet so I'm not sure what I have, but I don't recall a checkbox called "Premium Connectivity" when I left a deposit.

So for those who received the Premium Connectivity option with the car, how long does it last? For the duration of the warranty?

Also, can I tether that and connect my laptop for the internet connectivity? 😅

Yup GtiMart, I saw the English version right away. Thanks! 😄

After reading the page, it gave me the impression that it will work across the border. Price is not bad.

Now, if someone can confirm if Tesla can turn into a hotspot so that I can tap my laptop to it.... 😁