Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Streaming (Slacker) on Standard Connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar problems. I purchased 2 Tesla's on my Tesla account. I don't have Premium Tesla subscription for either car.

1. Using my Tesla account has Streaming Audio over Wi-Fi on both my 2018 M3 and my wife's 2022 MY.
2. Using my wife's Tesla Driver account has NO Streaming Audio over Wi-Fi on both my 2018 M3 and her 2022 MY.

So wife's Driver Tesla Account doesn't get Streaming Audio on either car with her account. My Tesla account gets Streaming Audio on both cars with my Tesla account.
Could you please confirm if this is just streaming audio or affects all infotainment apps (including video streaming ie. Netflix, Disney+, YouTube …)? If it’s only audio, is it Apple Music or Spotify ? Does the Caroake app work ?
Thanks for your reply !

Could you please confirm if this is just streaming audio or affects all infotainment apps (including video streaming ie. Netflix, Disney+, YouTube …)? If it’s only audio, is it Apple Music or Spotify ? Does the Caroake app work ?
Thanks for your reply !
With both mine and my wife’s Tesla profiles, YouTube works on wifi.

Caraoke also works on wifi with both profiles as well.

For audio, only Streaming Music doesn’t work. TuneIn works with both profiles.

With both mine and my wife’s Tesla profiles, YouTube works on wifi.

Caraoke also works on wifi with both profiles as well.

For audio, only Streaming Music doesn’t work. TuneIn works with both profiles.
Ok. Understood.
Youtube worked for me till sometime back but no more.
Netflix & Disney+ don’t work either. Do these 2 work for you?
Could you please also confirm which app do you use to stream music ?
And lastly, was this always a problem and have you been in touch with Tesla about this ?

Tesla says that infotainment (Apple Music, Netflix, Disney+, YouTube …) can be used over WiFi. However on my M3 it works 1 out 3 times (if not worse). When it doesn’t wanna work, nothing except the internet navigator functions. And yea, I have premium accounts, i.e. accounts I’ve had and been paying for monthly before I got the M3 and these are the ones that are set up in my car.

Have repeatedly alerted Tesla about this. They created a ticket and tell me that the engineering team in Netherlands is looking into it. That’s all. They don’t know when (if) it’ll be resolved. Any software has a roadmap, with bug fixes planned across different releases. But despite repeated attempts to get any meaningful information/update, the customer care has nothing more to say about it and basically have been pretty hopeless.

This problem has been around since I got the car in Nov ‘22. 9 months, without any hope of resolution in sight. In a car that isn’t particularly cheap.

I am planning on launching a class action against them (in France). Not sure it is possible to do an EU class action (CA) but if there is any such possibility I think that would be much more impactful. If you’re interested, have been facing such or similar issues with infotainment and are tired of not being listened to, I call upon you to join me on this class action.

Thanks.

PS: attached are some photos of what I get when I try to use the infotainment. The error message is from trying to make Disney+ work.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    554.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg