Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costa Mesa Delivery blows and so does the Model 3 quality...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I arrived on time for my delivery

Pre delivery:

1) Never got email invite. I had to check my account every day
2) Lady who was assigned took 3 days every time to answer my questions

Delivery day:

1) I had to wait over 30 minutes even though I had arrived exactly on time
2) Sales guy didn't know much about the car. Only the basics
3) He kept trying to hurry us up
4) I asked for paperwork I signed...I asked 3 times...he said it would be online in 3 days. I was hesitant, but I accepted
5) Wasn't impressed with the way they cleaned the car. Many scratches, dirt all over, etc.

After Delivery:
1) Well I waited 4 days. paperwork not online.
2) Tried calling sales center, it went to a voicemail that was full
3) Brought home vehicle, noticed mounds of dirt inside the door.
4) Had bird poop on the car for about an hour.. it stained the car...Never had this before. Spoke with my detail guy and he said the paint on the Tesla is one of the worst

Bunch of bull sh** I say. You can't even call these bozos without being put into a queue that either hangs up on you or you get a full voicemail.

Frank,

Sorry to hear that, but in general you seem to have a rather pessimistic attitude about life. At least as expressed in most of the (18) posts you have put on this site.
Smile, relax, and try to enjoy an awesome car. If you can't because perfect is the enemy of the good, sell it and but the perfect car for you. You can probably get almost full price right now.

Frank,

Sorry to hear that, but in general you seem to have a rather pessimistic attitude about life. At least as expressed in most of the (18) posts you have put on this site.
Smile, relax, and try to enjoy an awesome car. If you can't because perfect is the enemy of the good, sell it and but the perfect car for you. You can probably get almost full price right now.

Well. if everything went smoothly and we weren't practically pushed out of the dealership then I might be smiling

Well. if everything went smoothly and we weren't practically pushed out of the dealership then I might be smiling

If there’s over 100 deliveries that day, how much time can they spend on every person?

You know that whole delivery area holds only 8-10 cars max right? Only one door for cars leaving and entering.

Did you want to get your car on Jan 1st 2019 and have no dirt in it?

Didn’t think so..

Sorry to hear about your bad delivery experience, weekends are always rough for Costa Mesa, But regarding your car, about the only issue you have with your Model 3 is how the bird poop you left on the car stained the paint? You should know it takes no time for the acidic bird droppings to etch a car's paint, no matter the quality of paint job. Bird droppings contain ulric acid, it's very corrosive. They also often contain sand and small rocks, so when you go wipe it off, you end up damaging the paint. This is one of the top reasons why people do a full ceramic coating on their cars, because ceramic coating helps prevent acidic stains from bird droppings. Plus they make clean up much easier.

Plenty of experience detailers have examined Model 3 and said their paint isn't any better or worse than most of the other cars. It's simply rubbish to say the bad or soft paint is why the bird dropping etched your car paint. Bird poop + sun heat = bird poop dries and etches the paint very fast. They need to be cleaned off right away especially if you don't have ceramic coating on.

Reactions: neroden and Dana1
I picked up my Model 3 a week ago, last Saturday, 8/18, and had a pleasant overall experience. I waited maybe 10 minutes past my 10:30am appointment, but the paperwork was done quickly and I received my copy of the paperwork via email within an hour.

No, the sales rep wasn’t there to chitchat or go over everything with a fine tooth comb, but she was helpful. I did found some minor paint issues and a slightly misaligned front bumper. The rep called someone in charge to look it over and they took my car back to fix right there. 20 minutes later, the paint issues were fixed and they even fixed the bumper alignment although at first they had said it may require a separate appointment. I was happy I didn’t have to come back and was out of the Costa Mesa delivery center in about 1 hour total.

They were definitely busy but they moved people in and out very efficiently and in what I would consider a friendly manner. I appreciated this process over the hours that I’ve spent in the past at dealers like Lexus or any other dealers. It’s hard to imagine such a drastically different experience from what I experienced while I was there but hopefully it’s rare.

I love my Tesla...

Attachments

• 03A701C8-681C-43A2-A2B3-09C8913F8242.jpeg
    03A701C8-681C-43A2-A2B3-09C8913F8242.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 109

They are a growing company. They’re not a dealership with a salesman looking at that commission at the end of the tunnel.

I agree Tesla is not up to par. But you have to manage your expectations. Yes it’s not a cheap car but everyone knows the issues. It’s in the media. You knew this going in.

Can’t go in knowing it’s a mouse and hope and expect to get an elephant and come out saying F**% I got a mouse.

Frank although there are no excuses for poor customer service, you sound needy and as mentioned earlier...pessimistic.

Could you upload a picture of your car with proof to in fact show that you do have a new model 3? The number of negative posts makes me skeptical.
I can't believe the way you folks are treating this guy. Needy? He had a crap experience. I'd be pissed too. If you have nothing worth saying . . .

I can't believe the way you folks are treating this guy. Needy? He had a crap experience. I'd be pissed too. If you have nothing worth saying . . .

Thank you. I have no reason to not tell the truth. I'm telling you my experience. If you think Tesla is so great, why don't you call the Tesla Costa Mesa Center when they are open. You will be rolled over to a voice mail system that is full..

I think there are just some Tesla fanatics out there that think this is the best company. It is know as I had spoken with a detailer that Tesla paint is very very soft and not that good compared to the Germans. Also, I never had a car delivered with dirt all over the doors on the inside.

Is it too hard to ask for a clean car when delivered or treated with a little respect. People giving excuses. I've never had a sales experience where the guy wanted to get me out of there within 10-15m while I was looking over the car. It's just plain dumb.

Thank you. I have no reason to not tell the truth. I'm telling you my experience. If you think Tesla is so great, why don't you call the Tesla Costa Mesa Center when they are open. You will be rolled over to a voice mail system that is full..

I think there are just some Tesla fanatics out there that think this is the best company. It is know as I had spoken with a detailer that Tesla paint is very very soft and not that good compared to the Germans. Also, I never had a car delivered with dirt all over the doors on the inside.

Is it too hard to ask for a clean car when delivered or treated with a little respect. People giving excuses. I've never had a sales experience where the guy wanted to get me out of there within 10-15m while I was looking over the car. It's just plain dumb.
Here is an interesting video of a youtuber that measured paint thickness from various cars using a paint thickness gauge. Maybe it was just your particular VIN that had the issue? Seems that your experience is another "box of chocolates" example....

Results screen cap:
upload_2018-8-26_9-53-12.png

So all of us non believers have been fairly hard on you Frank. Lots have asked you for pics. You choose not to post them, but you do reply to someone defending you, and then bash Tesla some more.
How do you like your car so far, aside from the delivery experience?
BTW, I've owned German cars before. My BMW was an absolute POS and I sold it before the warranty period expired because I couldn't afford to fix it afterwards. Never understood this fascination with German engineering. My Hondas and Toyotas have been far better built and reliable than the German cars I have owned. And most dealership experiences have sucked, Japanese, German, whatever. Tesla does not have a high bar to clear for delivery based on my previous experiences. The only one I thought was a great experience was Mini. They had their *sugar* together.

I don’t see any evidence of poor model 3 quality. Assuming that is what “blows” means. Interesting how that vernacular went negative.

Not sure how you missed “mounds of dirt” on your inspection, only finding it when you arrived home.

Bird poop has the ability to stain any common automotive paint. Always remove immediately, keep it waxed or coated with ceramic or 3M, and remember unless the bird was named Tesla it’s not Tesla sh**t

Lastly; nobody has said “bozos” in like a thousand years.