Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco Tires not working on Tesla Model 3's currently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely compare both. One item to note - Costco includes prorated road hazard. Discount charges more for road hazard (and they require it to be purchased on the replacement tire), but their road hazard is not prorated.

True. And Discount also allows you to buy their road hazard on tires you bought somewhere else, or that came new on the car. Saved me at least $400 on the last set of run flats that came on a car I bought. I intend to go and buy road hazard in my Model 3 tires when I take them in to have the wheels swapped out.

It's 310 miles for all of them.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer: Yes, you're right its 310 miles of rated range for all the trim levels. However, 310 is the range in the EPA combined cycle (highway AND city driving.) I am not sure if there are numbers for highway driving only, but I don't expect to get 310 miles of range on the highway. More like 290 best case.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer: Yes, you're right its 310 miles of rated range for all the trim levels. However, 310 is the range in the EPA combined cycle (highway AND city driving.) I am not sure if there are numbers for highway driving only, but I don't expect to get 310 miles of range on the highway. More like 290 best case.
Well, if you keep the speed down you might get 310 or more. Don't really know. I do know that at 55 mph you can go a long way past the rated range in a Leaf, haven't tried it in my Model 3 yet. And, yes, there is still a 55 lane where I live, so you don't have to worry about getting run over.

Well, if you keep the speed down you might get 310 or more. Don't really know. I do know that at 55 mph you can go a long way past the rated range in a Leaf, haven't tried it in my Model 3 yet. And, yes, there is still a 55 lane where I live, so you don't have to worry about getting run over.

Oh yeah, I am sure you're right and it mainly depends on speed. I don't know what the EPA highway cycle is testing for. Where I live 55 isn't really a practical highway speed, but I realize that it's location dependent.