Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

could Model Y get improved glass?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would hope so. I've had a terrible experience with glass so far. I've got a tiny nick in the passenger front window, had a giant chip in the edge of the drivers rear side window that required replacing it and next Friday and I'm getting the windshield replaced from a rock chip! I've got 1k miles. I've had windshield chips before but NEVER anything on the side windows. I guess those fat sticky 21's are throwing up rocks :(. I hope decent looking mudflaps are available soon.

Tempered glass versus laminated glass: Tempered Glass vs. Laminated Glass | Auto Glass Fitters

Automobile windshields are already required to be made of laminated glass. Laminated glass can still be scratched or chip; when laminated glass breaks the broken pieces of glass are held together by the layers of polyvinyl butyral (PVB). Laminated glass is more expensive than tempered glass. Laminated glass can reduce sound transmission. It is more difficult to break into (or out of) a laminated glass window with a glass break tool because of the PVB layers.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung