Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratch On Side Window Glass - Possib”e To Fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed two tiny little scratches on the passenger side window of my Tesla Model Y.

When running my finger nail over the area I can barely feel the slightest scratch. When wiping it with water the scratch disappears for a second, then reappears. The side window glass is slightly stained giving it a darker appearance.

IMG_2728.jpeg

Just wondering if this is possible to fix for cosmetic purposes or if it could get worse? I know it’s Tempered Glass, I just want to make sure it won’t shatter since there’s a child seat on the other side of the window.

Leave it alone. Your car will pick up multiple scratches, dings, chips in its lifetime.

AFAIK, buffing it out is not an option. Replacement? If you've got the $$$, and it really bothers you, get it replaced. I'd be happy to take the "scratched" window off your hands.

They can be buffed out somehow. I had light long vertical scratches on my window from something inside the door scratching them. Tesla fixed the issue without replacing the glass.
If it's possible, I would recommend a reputable glass repair shop, not Tesla. Tesla has enough Tesla-specific issues to deal with! ;)

Didn't try it on a side glass, but I did use the product linked below to remove scratches on a windshield. Worked well, however, the instructions say it wont work on scratches that can be felt. So it might only lessen visibility, not eliminate it.

It is super messy, so I'd also recommend covering paint with this...