Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could speakers be damaged at maximum volume?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 8-month-old MR M3 and the other night I was reversing and my jacket sleeve caught the volume wheel and cranked the stereo all the way up (much to the delight of my wife and kids!) Since then, the stereo doesn't sound the same. The bass seems a little muffled when it used to sound deep. I don't hear any crackling or popping, just not as much 'performance' as before. Am I imagining this? On a similar note, would the stereo be covered under warranty? Thanks

I have a 8-month-old MR M3 and the other night I was reversing and my jacket sleeve caught the volume wheel and cranked the stereo all the way up (much to the delight of my wife and kids!) Since then, the stereo doesn't sound the same. The bass seems a little muffled when it used to sound deep. I don't hear any crackling or popping, just not as much 'performance' as before. Am I imagining this? On a similar note, would the stereo be covered under warranty? Thanks

Limited new vehicle warranty should cover it. It's suppose to work at those volume levels - otherwise why even offer it?

If the SC has another car with the same sound system. Couldn't hurt to try. Unless you damaged your ears and perceive the sound as muffled* knock on wood*.

Try a reboot. It did that to me once when I took a song to 11 that was also recorded hot, reboot fixed it.