Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple questions before pre-order my MODEL Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very new to Tesla, have been waiting for the right size crossover, and looks like the Model Y gonna be my first one. Couple questions form rookie here:

1, Since there's no package I can choose at all, how do I know what's the configuration? Does it come with air suspension as standard? Leather option or only vegan?
2, Should I option AP now or wait for Tesla's future promo after delivery? Not essential for now, and I notice Tesla is doing AP promo in Canada right now.
3, Still a bit hesitate about choosing between Audi E tron and Model Y, of course I lean to Model Y for the battery management and OTA, but I like the size and interior of E tron more. VW group is building the charging network in NA, so after year or two this shouldn't be a problem, and the car will be available this summer. Any thought?

Thanks all.

• Helpful
Reactions: Subhuman
1. The order website tells you what is included. Click the Show Details link under the interior colors.

1a. No Air Suspension.
1b. Faux leather seats on all Teslas. They are very nice, but not vegan due to steering wheel being leather.

2. Get AP if you think you’ll use it. I won’t.

3. Audi may or may not release the e-tron in large volume. The VW Electrify America charger network is only due to a court order. They may never expand it. Tesla has an amazing network that is expanding. I don’t see anyone as actual competition to Tesla.

Thanks for your input, very helpful indeed.

Try to config online, but I truly don't see the 1a or 1b option. Air suspension is not essential, but I prefer leather over fabric, with vented seats.
I probably will use AP on road trips, not daily driving.

Typical of Tesla to offer to take deposits, but the final configuration becomes more precise as it gets closer to delivery dates.

There may be many more options presented. In the beginning, only well equipped models may be ordered. As time goes on, and the volume of production increases, less expensive configurations open up.

Typical of Tesla to offer to take deposits, but the final configuration becomes more precise as it gets closer to delivery dates.

There may be many more options presented. In the beginning, only well equipped models may be ordered. As time goes on, and the volume of production increases, less expensive configurations open up.
Great! Guess I can change my configuration later then.

Honest advice: wait. A Model Y deposit at this point in time is just too early. A lot can and will change in the next two years. You'll only get a free months earlier delivery at best by putting down money now.

If you don’t need the deposit money there’s not much harm to a deposit.

You still get the credit card points and there’s an outside shot you’d get the final tier of tax credits.

Thanks for your input, very helpful indeed.

Try to config online, but I truly don't see the 1a or 1b option. Air suspension is not essential, but I prefer leather over fabric, with vented seats.
I probably will use AP on road trips, not daily driving.
The Model 3 and Model Y don't offer Air Suspension. All Teslas come with fake-leather seats. The seats are not vented.

One of the Techs working in the Burlingame Customer Service Center when asked the Question said they would be offering Air Suspension for the Model Y, but not initially. Since the Model Y can accommodate 3 times the Capacity of the Model 3, doesn't it make sense to offer an Air Suspension Option???

One of the Techs working in the Burlingame Customer Service Center when asked the Question said they would be offering Air Suspension for the Model Y, but not initially. Since the Model Y can accommodate 3 times the Capacity of the Model 3, doesn't it make sense to offer an Air Suspension Option???
Elon already said publicly on twitter that the Model 3/Y will not have air suspension. While that may be subject to change, I don't see it happening. A lot of extra production, manufacturing, and service costs go with just offering the feature.

Source: Elon Musk on Twitter

Very new to Tesla, have been waiting for the right size crossover, and looks like the Model Y gonna be my first one. Couple questions form rookie here:

3, Still a bit hesitate about choosing between Audi E tron and Model Y, of course I lean to Model Y for the battery management and OTA, but I like the size and interior of E tron more. VW group is building the charging network in NA, so after year or two this shouldn't be a problem, and the car will be available this summer. Any thought?
I have a '19 Audi SQ5 in the garage now. Going from that interior to a Model Y is a drastic difference and is something you'll want to make sure you're ok with. The Model Y interior isn't terrible; the quality of the materials is fairly good, it just doesn't compare to an Audi interior. The seats are comfortable. The glass roof is amazing. The wood paneling isn't my style, nor is the piano black interior pieces (easily fixed with vinyl wrapping it). I went to a showroom and sat in the Model 3 and I was ok with the Tesla interior. The main reason in switching to a Y is the Tesla range and supercharge network. I'm willing to sacrifice a more luxurious interior for those two aspects.

Reactions: Aarons12 and iustin

1, Since there's no package I can choose at all, how do I know what's the configuration? Does it come with air suspension as standard? Leather option or only vegan?
2, Should I option AP now or wait for Tesla's future promo after delivery? Not essential for now, and I notice Tesla is doing AP promo in Canada right now.

Thanks all.
AP is standard, FSD is extra $7000, you can add it later.

Reactions: Matsayz
i personally am looking forward to a simplified interior and interface. my mercedes is so overwrought that i have never even bothered learning half the stuff. and there are 4 ways to do everything like volume, temp, change songs, whatever. with stalks all over the place, a rotary that's also a joystick, a couple of jog wheels, etc. after a while it amounts to distracted driving