Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Courier home delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a delivery appointment scheduled for today. This morning Tesla calls and asks if I would like someone to deliver the car to my house. I'm only 15 miles away from the SC, so I guess not a big deal. Wondering if this is a new thing? Anyone else have this done?

Basically the person that delivers it picks up my check and leaves me with the car. I'm not doing a trade in and already digitally signed the MVPA. The person then takes an Uber back to the SC.

This is fine. Since you don't deliver the check until you see the car, there is *no reason not to do this*. Tesla used to do this as a standard thing five years ago when delivering model S, and it works great.

I think they may be having problems with parking at the SC.

Taking delivery at Fremont delivery center on thursday. Just got an email (11 pm tuesday) asking if I would like for it to be delivered. I think I'll still do it at Fremont because (1) to get the whole experience and (2) buy some Tesla stuff at the store. Downside is it'll basically kill the whole afternoon considering traffic. I guess if they actually call me tomorrow I might let them deliver to my work in Palo Alto.

I know at the two SCs by me, including the one I was originally scheduled for pickup at, space is extremely limited. In Highland Park they set up a bunch of tents for storing and delivering cars, and because that’s furthest north SC in Illinois that also likely serves Wisconsin, I’m guessing that’s a contributing factor into why I was selected for home delivery.

I am considering the home delivery as long as I don't have to sit around wait for a 4 hour window for the car to show up.

I think they give you a 2 hour window, and supposedly you can track the vehicle in the app once it is en route to you.

This is fine. Since you don't deliver the check until you see the car, there is *no reason not to do this*. Tesla used to do this as a standard thing five years ago when delivering model S, and it works great.

Here at least they won't even schedule a home delivery until AFTER the car is paid for- so you can't "hold the check" until delivery if getting HD.

You have 2 days to return for a full refund if there's a problem though