Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COVID-19 and Racism against China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody is claiming China is an Angel. This thread is about how unnecessarily our leader spreads hate, points fingers and takes no responsibility.

Trump has moved on from getting America to aim their anger at Chinese citizens instead of him, to suggesting unproven treatments so that Americans can experiment on themselves.

It’s an endless stream of garbage.

Yes, hate, pointing fingers and garbage = this thread.

I would hope that American's even if they don't agree with our leader during this time, would pull together to help, not become keyboard commandoes pointing out every fault and flaw in a leadership team that is watching their friends and family die around them. They know this crap is going anywhere for at least another 14 months and they have to watch our economy tank and dealing with the balance of trying to do the least damage to the country and its citizens. If I could stick a 18 inch UV-A light down my 83 year old mothers throat and save her, I would.

Watch this @ 10:03... it's just getting going my "friend"

Done here. Unwatch Thread

Really:

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Commentary: The disinfectant is the light -- I know that's a tough concept, but they have been using it for years to hospitals to clean rooms using the UV-C spectrum, you can't use C on humans, but filtered UV-A is OK for short term exposure.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany noted that Trump also told Americans to consult with their doctors regarding coronavirus treatments. “Leave it to the media to irresponsibly take President Trump out of context and run with negative headlines,” she said. Other Trump defenders noted that Trump clarified later in the briefing that disinfectants would not, in fact, be administered “through injections,” but the “clarification” itself was less than clear.

Source: Snopes

Yeah, totally explains Dr Birx's expression. That was a perfect transcript. Keep trying. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4
Now, the Right cares about human rights. Nevermind Trump has been cozying up to Putin for years; the dictator of a country that's a poster child for human rights violations: www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/country-chapters/russia. Then Kim who became Trump's pen pal and close friend. I guess now that Trump's no longer Xi Jinping's buddy, and he's feeling the heat from his poor handing of the Covid-19, it's convenient to focus on China. I'm not saying China isn't guilty of violations, but let's be consistent in our outrage. Just remember, Trump is the one that believed Putin over our own intelligence. That's how much he valued the word of a dictator.
Really:

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Commentary: The disinfectant is the light -- I know that's a tough concept, but they have been using it for years to hospitals to clean rooms using the UV-C spectrum, you can't use C on humans, but filtered UV-A is OK for short term exposure.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany noted that Trump also told Americans to consult with their doctors regarding coronavirus treatments. “Leave it to the media to irresponsibly take President Trump out of context and run with negative headlines,” she said. Other Trump defenders noted that Trump clarified later in the briefing that disinfectants would not, in fact, be administered “through injections,” but the “clarification” itself was less than clear.

So now the disinfectant is the light? Lol. Every time this President talks, someone has to translate or do damage control. I guess he has his own language? What is it? Trumpese? He even said he was being sarcastic after the fact as mentioned already. So how should anyone take that? Now, the last I heard was he was going to shorten the briefings and / or not appear altogether. The guy is a dummy and a joke, even with all the money he has. And he's not fooling anyone, except his base apparently.

Really:

Why Trump is trying to make his disinfectant remarks even more confusing

haha

Reactions: john5520
If I could stick a 18 inch UV-A light down my 83 year old mothers throat and save her, I would.
I don’t think a single person is debating that. What I am saying is you are connecting dots that are not there. Making major assumptions for crazy statements that the president later clarified has nothing to do with what you are saying. Does that mean I think the light research is bad? Nope not at all. Does it have relevance to the points brought up? Nope not at all.

You know what China is talking about because they speak concisely. That is good because it makes it easy to understand their position. It also makes it easy to call them out on BS and lies.

This thread shows how The United States is more difficult to figure out what is going on and being communicated. This is of grave danger to our country in times like this and should be taken seriously.

FB_IMG_1587754379282.jpg

I live in China and I have seen their every step from near. I also think they are great people. But other country people always blame how China stop this quickly. But my answer is not obviously not quickly. It took two months to stop. And I don't want to compare other countries with China. Because the Chinese people and government are really good for each other. If people want to see how China stop then they should live here then they can understand how good China for the people.

Reactions: mswlogo
I live in China and I have seen their every step from near. I also think they are great people. But other country people always blame how China stop this quickly. But my answer is not obviously not quickly. It took two months to stop. And I don't want to compare other countries with China. Because the Chinese people and government are really good for each other. If people want to see how China stop then they should live here then they can understand how good China for the people.

2 months is quick. But it feels like an eternity.

To many folks here think they can do the same here and that just isn’t gonna happen.