Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COVID-19 and Racism against China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I thought, and stated above, the Maher video clip should put a wrap on this thread. The two last video posts have nothing to do with China or racism, further underscoring the weakness and basis of this thread.

That's a poor excuse to condone racism. Looks like the right, is trying to push the China again to deflect their incompetence in dealing with this crisis. My earlier comment stands. So, is the rule to call it by scientific name only when convenient?

"Yeah, why was there not an outrage when the SIV / S-OIV was called swine flu? It came from America... should be called the American Flu. Calling it Swine Flu is insulting. Who named it that? Mr. Putin?"

As I thought, and stated above, the Maher video clip should put a wrap on this thread. The two last video posts have nothing to do with China or racism, further underscoring the weakness and basis of this thread.
Well the first post mentioned we should learn from China. Given the statements on getting disinfectants and light into the body I think any logical person would surmise Trump could still learn things from China.

Well the first post mentioned we should learn from China. Given the statements on getting disinfectants and light into the body I think any logical person would surmise Trump could still learn things from China.

I see how you did that, you brought China back into this thread to make your post relevant. Great job!

Let's parrot Fake news and say Trump is promoting injecting disinfectants. I wonder how many people believe that?

Sure we can learn things from China just like almost any other country or culture. Perhaps we can learn about intellectual theft, lack of transparency or how to punish lawbreakers. If the CCP ever grants the people of China freedom of speech and freedom of the press I'm sure we could learn a lot more.

Last edited:
Right, and then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One Minute.
And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?
'Cause you see, it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it'd be interesting to check that.
For a president to ask something like that in an open forum is not constructive. If he wanted to bring that up before they walked out to the reporters that would have been fine. To be honest this sounds like something a child would come up with but if he did it outside of public view I would not care. If he would have listened to the scientists, including the ones in China, he would not have been pushing dangerous drugs that look like may double the chance of death or push looking into other dumb ideas like the one quoted above.

It was a briefing, not a brainstorming session(where supposedly there is no such thing as a bad idea:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4 and wuxyjj
Here's what the President was talking about:

Source: Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment

Cedars-Sinai-Developed ‘Healight’ Medical Device Platform Technology

Studied as a Potential First-in-Class COVID-19 Treatment

Led by Mark Pimentel, MD, the research team of the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai has been developing the patent-pending Healight platform since 2016 and has produced a growing body of scientific evidence demonstrating pre-clinical safety and effectiveness of the technology as an antiviral and antibacterial treatment. The Healight technology employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel endotracheal medical device. Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology’s significant impact on eradicating a wide range of viruses and bacteria, inclusive of coronavirus. The data have been the basis of discussions with the FDA for a near-term path to enable human use for the potential treatment of coronavirus in intubated patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). Beyond the initial pursuit of a coronavirus ICU indication, additional data suggest broader clinical applications for the technology across a range of viral and bacterial pathogens. This includes bacteria implicated in ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).

“Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, “Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens. We are looking forward to partnering with Aytu BioScience to move this technology forward for the benefit of patients all over the world.”

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4
Given that he walked back his comments as 'a joke', looks like he was not referencing this study. But, good job in finding a study that justifies his comments. Can you find a study that talks about drinking lysol? Apparently, neither Trump nor Lysol are not aware of such a study either. Also, can you find a study that says seeing 15 pandemic cases is no big deal since it would miraculously drop to 0 cases the next day. :)

BTW, I am sure many here are well aware of surgeries using light/laser.

Here's what the President was talking about:

Source: Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment

Cedars-Sinai-Developed ‘Healight’ Medical Device Platform Technology

Studied as a Potential First-in-Class COVID-19 Treatment

Led by Mark Pimentel, MD, the research team of the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai has been developing the patent-pending Healight platform since 2016 and has produced a growing body of scientific evidence demonstrating pre-clinical safety and effectiveness of the technology as an antiviral and antibacterial treatment. The Healight technology employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel endotracheal medical device. Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology’s significant impact on eradicating a wide range of viruses and bacteria, inclusive of coronavirus. The data have been the basis of discussions with the FDA for a near-term path to enable human use for the potential treatment of coronavirus in intubated patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). Beyond the initial pursuit of a coronavirus ICU indication, additional data suggest broader clinical applications for the technology across a range of viral and bacterial pathogens. This includes bacteria implicated in ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).

“Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, “Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens. We are looking forward to partnering with Aytu BioScience to move this technology forward for the benefit of patients all over the world.”

Was that before or after Trump suggested injecting disinfectant?

Given that he walked back his comments as 'a joke', looks like he was not referencing this study. But, good job in finding a study that justifies his comments. Can you find a study that talks about drinking lysol? Apparently, neither Trump nor Lysol are not aware of such a study either. Also, can you find a study that says seeing 15 pandemic cases is no big deal since it would miraculously drop to 0 cases the next day. :)

BTW, I am sure many here are well aware of surgeries using light/laser.

You guys scare me, the fact that you trust the CCP, or more accurately the CPC, cause they are such freedom loving guys. :rolleyes:

World Report 2019: Rights Trends in China

I trust our guy more than theirs, even if he is from NY. Here is what he actually said,
"Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked but you’re going to test it. Supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant commentary by me for the MMM morons: (UB-A Light) where it knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? It would be interesting to check that. That you’re gonna have to use medical doctors with."

Last edited:
I think the scientists of both countries have useful information.
I agree, it would have been nice if one of those countries scientists had kept their toys in their BSL 4 lab! Then you would not have to get injected with disinfectant by the 18 inches of UV-A light..

iu

Last edited:
Nobody is claiming China is an Angel. This thread is about how unnecessarily our leader spreads hate, points fingers and takes no responsibility.

Trump has moved on from getting America to aim their anger at Chinese citizens instead of him, to suggesting unproven treatments so that Americans can experiment on themselves.

It’s an endless stream of garbage.

Reactions: byeLT4
Might be a good idea to look at that transcript again. Looking at injecting disinfectants was brought up after the complete discussion of getting the light into the body discussion. The two items were asked to be looked into separately by the president.

Might be a good idea to look at that transcript again. Looking at injecting disinfectants was brought up after the complete discussion of getting the light into the body discussion. The two items were asked to be looked into separately by the president.

Really:

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Commentary: The disinfectant is the light -- I know that's a tough concept, but they have been using it for years to hospitals to clean rooms using the UV-C spectrum, you can't use C on humans, but filtered UV-A is OK for short term exposure.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany noted that Trump also told Americans to consult with their doctors regarding coronavirus treatments. “Leave it to the media to irresponsibly take President Trump out of context and run with negative headlines,” she said. Other Trump defenders noted that Trump clarified later in the briefing that disinfectants would not, in fact, be administered “through injections,” but the “clarification” itself was less than clear.

Source: Snopes