Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 2014 P85D or 2016 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to get some insurance quotes as well. When shopping around recently, a friend found insurance for a P85 would've cost him several thousand dollars more per year than a non-P model. The non-P would only be slightly more expensive than his current Ford Fusion.

My insurance company (USAA) doesn't even differentiate between P85D and 85D, which I think is "ludicrous." Maybe it's time for me to shop around after 18 years.

Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 4.48.02 PM.png

It has the next gen rear seats. They aren't that bad right?

Whether or not you like Next Gen seats in the front depends on your body build. If you're wide, you probably won't like them much but if you're not too big, they are definitely more supportive. They don't make the Next Gen seats in the back anymore, just with higher head rests. They do block your view more than the original rear headrests but you can definitely still see out the back.

As far as P85D vs 90D, just depends on what is more important (besides color), range or having insane mode. Remember that a 90D will be essentially identical to a P85D in sport mode. You will only appreciate the difference if you put the P85D in insane mode. I just upgraded from a 2013 85 to a P90D so I have the best of both worlds with insane mode and added range compared to an 85.