Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 2015 85kW vs 2016 75kW

Recommended buy

• 2016 75

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 2016 85

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 2015 85

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2016 75D

• 2016 85D

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 2015 85D

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering buying a CPO in SF Bay Area with a budget of ~$45k with mileage limit of 40k. The current best options seems to be:
1. 2016 75kW - 249miles range
2. 2016 85kW - 265 miles range
3. 2015 85kW - 265 range

I am also confused between dual motor and single motor. Since I am in the Bay Area, there isn't any snow and I don't plan to take the car on long trips - planning to use it mostly for commute. My preference is driving experience - particularly handling. Am I being too strict on miles, should I consider even 50k miles cars? Would appreciate the feedback and comments from this great community.

We have both those cars in my house. I drive the 85, my wife has the 75D. Both cars are great! Her car is significantly more responsive driving experience. Her 75D does have that performance change that bumped it to 4.2 sec 0-60 time.

For what is worth I like both cars, but the 75D is slightly better in every way.

I'm almost on the same boat.. Higher Mileage vs Dual Motor vs Next gen seats.... I don't know what my needs are as i never been inside a next gen seat car. I don't "need" high range but higher better. I dont "Need" dual motor lol but i hear its better! I'm going to go to a used car place to try the next gen seats since i cant go to tesla.....

For those that enjoy spirited driving the Dual motor models give a nice advantage as the two motors talk to each other, transfering torque to the wheels most able to use it. The computer can allocate different torque depending on circumstances.

The dual motors can even offer additional range, as they can transfer torque to the motor most efficient at any given speed or slope. They can even put one motor to "sleep" if it will improve efficiency.

Rear wheel drive used to offer more fun, but with the advent of electronic controls, tail out cornering is restricted with most cars.

All this, of course goes out the window when you make price a factor. The RWD will always come in less expensively.

As others have said, mileage is not nearly as much a consideration as with gassers. With the unique OTA technology, fresh firmware can be easily updated to make your Tesla even better than the day you bring it home.

Reactions: shiftkenny