Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO - AiM inspection report vs. Tesla Pre-Owned inspection report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my CPO about a month ago, and thanks to all the info from this board I was able to request both the AiM report and also the tesla report. As far as I can tell, it seems like the AiM report was the condition of the car when it was traded into Tesla by the previous owner, which was in early June.

The Tesla CPO report, however, was dated early August, and I am having some trouble figuring out if this report is supposed to be represent PRE recondition or POST recondition of the car. For example, both reports seem to mark some of the same cosmetic scratches/dents on the car, but the AiM report additionally notes that the side mirror housing is broken and needs replacement whereas the CPO report doesn't note it at all. The AiM report also notes wheel rashes on all 4 wheels whereas again the CPO report doesn't mention any of it.

So it's a bit confusing to me as to what the CPO report represents. Is it an evaluation done after most of the major reconditioning has been done and should note only minor things that detailing can fix? Or is it supposed to be just like the AiM report before any work has been done, in which case it seems like they might have missed some stuff?

After hearing about some of the CPO stories here especially from the Fremont factory, I am a bit worried they might have missed some items!