Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO MS ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on your ambivalence, or might be better to say, second guessing this, I think the S is a safer bet for your family. It’s roomer, a stroller fits easily, and is really nice Pass on the suicide seats regardless. Dumb idea. It’s quick compared to most any ICE cars, and yes it’s floaty in some cases, but very controlled. I can’t think of really doing anything in either the 3 or the S that wouldn’t warrant a tongue lashing from your wife in daily family driving.

When solo, a P3D will probably be more fun. But what I call fun my wife calls F$#!%KN stupid. If you have a sensible wife and kids, she will say stuff to you like that to.

Reactions: vickh
Good advice. I thought the rear facing seats would be a back up at best, and the reinforcement would be a plus regardless?

Does a non air suspension option make the S more or less "floaty"?

Another q: Is battery degradation covered by the CPO warranty? Just worried my 15 MS has been driven on ludicrous speed and charged 0-100% all the time :)

Last edited:
Good advice. I thought the rear facing seats would be a back up at best, and the reinforcement would be a plus regardless?

Another q: Is battery degradation covered by the CPO warranty? Just worried my 15 MS has been driven on ludicrous speed and charged 0-100% all the time :)
I have heard it’s covered if it drops below 70%. In terms of ludicrous speeds or 100% charges I wouldn’t worry unless your getting a P85D, P90D or P100D those cars probably have tons of launches vs the normal S.

There is normal battery degradation which is not covered, and then there is BATTERY DEGRADATION which is. My 2013 S85 with 118,000 miles charges to about 226 miles at 100% charge. Tesla says that’s normal, or within accepted spec. But, I have heard that I am getting close to it being beyond spec. Once beyond spec, or they see some real cell problems, then it’s a new battery under warranty. From what I understand, it will be a 90 pack, since they don’t make 85s anymore. If true, then my old S would get 275+ rated miles.

I’d get air over springs in an S. When I’ve driven an S with springs, it felt tighter, like the 3, but it’s been a year since that drive.

Kids in the rear facing seats is a non-starter for me. Not enough crumple zone. Seriously, if that was the front end, would you drive it?

Again, if you want sportiness, then the 3 is great, or a P series S of any ilk. My favorite is the A P85+. It’ a lot of fun, and punch’s harder of the line than a P3D.

They were able to move the M3 deposit over as an exception!

Here are my final choices

https://findmyev.com/view.php?vin=5YJSA1E16FF115015&lang=en&measuring=miles (reserved, car fax history attached) Interesting that Tesla does not upload service history or reveal service history during CPO process. Is there a way to check from VIN?

or

A 2016 Model S 70 Under 47,000 miles $39,400. It's coming soon (and I don't mind waiting) I could pick up vs. $2k delivery fee and more importantly I could check it out.

Features
  • 70 kWh Battery
  • 230 miles range (EPA)
  • 5.5 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. 2015 production
  2. Solid White Paint
  3. Body Color Roof
  4. 19" Wheels
  5. Black Next Generation Seats
  6. Piano Black Décor
  7. White Alcantara Headliner
  8. Free Supercharging
  9. Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
  10. Standard Suspension

Funny to read the Solid white or pearl white debate. People feel strongly about color but the cheapest CPOs are usually white, probably more cosmetic issues? I will paint wrap mine anyways and any suggestions for that in the PHX area are welcome

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History 2015 TESLA MODEL S_ 5YJSA1E16FF115015.pdf
    319.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

https://findmyev.com/view.php?vin=5YJSA1E16FF115015&lang=en&measuring=miles (reserved, car fax history attached) Interesting that Tesla does not upload service history or reveal service history during CPO process. Is there a way to check from VIN?

or

A 2016 Model S 70 Under 47,000 miles $39,400. It's coming soon (and I don't mind waiting) I could pick up vs. $2k delivery fee and more importantly I could check it out.

Features
  • 70 kWh Battery
  • 230 miles range (EPA)
  • 5.5 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. 2015 production
  2. Solid White Paint
  3. Body Color Roof
  4. 19" Wheels
  6. Piano Black Décor
  8. Free Supercharging
  10. Standard Suspension
Funny to read the Solid white or pearl white debate. People feel strongly about color but the cheapest CPOs are usually white, probably more cosmetic issues? I will paint wrap mine anyways and any suggestions for that in the PHX area are welcome
I’m terms of wraps in PHX I would reach out to Colorbomb or Hyer Quality detail. Is the 2016 have the vin showing or just a bunch of letters? If it’s just letters I have seen those jump up in price once they are officially listed with a vin.

or

Features
  • 70 kWh Battery
  • 230 miles range (EPA)
  • 5.5 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. 2015 production
  2. Solid White Paint
  3. Body Color Roof
  4. 19" Wheels
  6. Piano Black Décor
  8. Free Supercharging
  10. Standard Suspension
Which side made the deposit exception - new or used sales?