Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO pics..gotta hate 'em

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've received so many pictures of cars, but since I'm looking at ~$50k they 75/75Ds (must have facelift) all have some damage or really worn. Here is one pic of a car I like.. can anyone tell if that hood is damaged with something (white blotches and large white diffused area) or just normal smears?

Plenty of 70/70Ds with nosecone, but I sure would like to find a 75D (settle for 75).

Thanks.

upload_2018-10-23_21-8-48.png

I have been looking at facelifted Teslas as well on the CPO site although I am not quite in the position to get photos yet (plus I really want to wait for a ludi one and that will require more saving LOL!). It appears, and I may be wrong, but it appears that they are smudges similar to the hand print to the left of the Tesla logo. Now that blotch in the center...???? Sure would be nice if they would wipe it down first..... Good luck!!!

All I see is a bunch of fingerprint smudges.

Here's a fun little exercise. Look at the resolution of the flattering pictures of the car, then look at the resolution of the pictures that point out damage. Notice a difference?

I hear ya. The first set of pics I received had very detailed pictures with rulers and notes showing all damage down to nicks and dings. Then the last sets are just a few cell phone pics from an iphone 1!

That big white blotch in the middle is the main concern.. hate it to be overspray or something.

It doesn’t look too concerning, it looks like finger smudges. Maybe you aren’t interested in going this route, but worst case scenario refinishing the entire hood would only be a few hundred dollars. If you can get more pictures, do. I bought my car knowing it would need some paint work, and it was even worse in person than what I was shown in the pictures.

I once drove to the Dallas SC and took a bunch of pictures at the request of a forum member from out of town who was interested in a Dallas CPO. Perhaps someone can drive to the CPO and take a bunch of pictures for you?*

*Even though I was there at the potential owner's request, Tesla did not let me touch or enter the car, so I had to take all my pictures from outside, leaning in the open door to take interior pics.