Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waffling on used 2016 P100D through Tesla (long, but pics!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats. How did you make out with the RFS installation? I know when I got my car, RFS was a must option as I routinely carry 6-7 people when I drive on the weekends. We intended the RFS to be primarily for my youngest daughter who is 8 now (and she LOVES it) but it turns out that when she is not in the car, my son's friends (14,15) like to sit back there. One of them is around 5'10" tall (!) but he insists on riding in the back.

I just wish the cooling was a little better back there in the summer months.

Congrats. How did you make out with the RFS installation? I know when I got my car, RFS was a must option as I routinely carry 6-7 people when I drive on the weekends. We intended the RFS to be primarily for my youngest daughter who is 8 now (and she LOVES it) but it turns out that when she is not in the car, my son's friends (14,15) like to sit back there. One of them is around 5'10" tall (!) but he insists on riding in the back.

I just wish the cooling was a little better back there in the summer months.

Currently waiting on parts from the SC, but I got as far as I could without the hardware I need. Everything was perforated (carpet, NVH mat), so it was super straightforward. Only problem I'm having is the bezel that goes into the 2nd row doesn't seem to be available anymore, so I may have to scan and 3D print one. Quote I got was $150, so not too awful even on that. My little ones love riding in the RFS in my father-in-law's 85D, and they can't wait for me to finish the install.

• Love
Reactions: UkrHog and Akikiki
Still waiting on the bezels, but fully functional now! Had the SC install the bumper support since they only charged me $100 in labor ($140 for part, $240 total installed). My kids absolutely love them.
DD086347-9FB3-4CA6-9504-80420B7F6B5A.jpeg
610E9CA2-290C-404B-AD3E-A703A07A82D0.jpeg A5B1F0E8-EC17-4CFF-AA0C-B8EA26E67854.jpeg

Last edited: