Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO prices can apparently go up as well as down...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed something strange today. There were two CPOs I was looking at, a red one and a grey one. Typically CPOs drop about 1k/day until they sell, and these two both started in the mid 80's. The red one bottomed out at 71.9k and the grey at 75.1k. but now both increased in price to 72.7k and 76k respectively.

Just thought it was worth noting that. I guess the intent is to stimulate those hoping to have the price drop further (both bottomed out and didn't change for 3-4 days) into buying since they are now raising the price.

• Helpful
Reactions: DelPhonic1
let's not forget they are a US company. They price these cars in US dollars and convert to Canadian dollars. If our currency weakens, price goes up. If our currency strengthens, price can go down. If they have a glut of inventory, prices go down. If they have a dearth of inventory, prices go up.

They're also not very organized...the car I bought CPO was $114,000, then $104,000...there it sat for a month. I told them I was interested, and they said 'you have to buy it on the webpage if you are, you can't do it in the service centre'. They said something about it being binding as well if I bought it so to keep that in mind. I thought that was weird.

I didn't rush to do it, then they had a sale on some of the PD cars and the one I wanted dropped to $93,700! I bought it when I saw it at that price, using the webpage (deposit etc.). Then they told me it was a mistake, and it was supposed to be down to $103,700.

I forwarded them the email where they were warning me that buying it online was binding etc...ironic their choice of words...and let them know that is a two way street. After a couple of hours of deliberating they called me back and honoured it.

let's not forget they are a US company. They price these cars in US dollars and convert to Canadian dollars. If our currency weakens, price goes up. If our currency strengthens, price can go down. If they have a glut of inventory, prices go down. If they have a dearth of inventory, prices go up.

They're also not very organized...the car I bought CPO was $114,000, then $104,000...there it sat for a month. I told them I was interested, and they said 'you have to buy it on the webpage if you are, you can't do it in the service centre'. They said something about it being binding as well if I bought it so to keep that in mind. I thought that was weird.

I didn't rush to do it, then they had a sale on some of the PD cars and the one I wanted dropped to $93,700! I bought it when I saw it at that price, using the webpage (deposit etc.). Then they told me it was a mistake, and it was supposed to be down to $103,700.

I forwarded them the email where they were warning me that buying it online was binding etc...ironic their choice of words...and let them know that is a two way street. After a couple of hours of deliberating they called me back and honoured it.

Damn, good for you!