Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crack in Roof—Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I noticed a crack in the glass on the roof. No idea what caused it. It's not near the roof rack supports.

What are my options? Thanks.

Crack.jpg

Zero chance of Mobile Service doing the replacement. Service Center will do their best to put the blame for the crack on you, but should be fairly easy to contest that here.

Careful with Service Center damaging the trim or paint or the other window panes while replacing. Take good 'before' photos of the rear window and roof pillars on both sides.

Upvote 0
Make an appointment via the App
Since the nearest Center is over 200 miles away, that probably wouldn't work so well. I'd like to speak with someone first.

Best would be if the mobile service could come and take a look tell me whether it would be a warranty repair. If not, I'd probably just want to have somebody treat it to keep it from spreading.

Upvote 0
Since the nearest Center is over 200 miles away, that probably wouldn't work so well. I'd like to speak with someone first.

Best would be if the mobile service could come and take a look tell me whether it would be a warranty repair. If not, I'd probably just want to have somebody treat it to keep it from spreading.

My answer doesn't change. Make an appointment in the app. Add the photos and tell them your distance issue. Request a ranger appointment. You'll get a response back in 24 hours max. If you somehow get a chance to talk to a person at the SC, they first thing they are going to do is tell you to do is send pics.. via the app.

Upvote 0