Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crackling noises (front speaker?) even when music/radio off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can hear crakling noises in the central front speaker even when radio is off while driving. No problem when the car is stopped.
Model S 100 D
Always?

I've heard noises from the speakers in areas with no cell phone coverage when the phone in my pocket ups its power to try to contact a cell tower, but that was stopped or at very low speed when the cabin noise level was low.

You may have a loose, or more likely a partially broken, connection.

Always?

I've heard noises from the speakers in areas with no cell phone coverage when the phone in my pocket ups its power to try to contact a cell tower, but that was stopped or at very low speed when the cabin noise level was low.

You may have a loose, or more likely a partially broken, connection.

Thnaks but unfortunately nothing to do with phone coverage.

I can hear crakling noises in the central front speaker even when radio is off while driving. No problem when the car is stopped.
Model S 100 D
I hear a crackling noise in the front speaker of my Tesla Model 3 as well. I'm not sure what it is but it happens intermittently when music is playing. It doesn't happened when the car is off or stopped. I wonder what it is and whether I should bring it in for service.