Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats crazy that Tower can take 20 days to close. I guess if you want to use them at delivery you need to apply before having a VIN.

I stuck with my local credit union even though their best credit score rate is over 5%. I have multiple relationships with them and get very simple quick approval; plus I have contact info for people to get any needed actions done. So I'm happy to use them to ensure a smooth close. I sent them the MVPA in the afternoon and they wired the money to Tesla the next morning.

I'll look to refinance a few months after delivery. Many of my credit union rates have been good in the past; but a current 2-3% difference is way to much for me to stick with them if I plan to keep the new M3P awhile.

Thats crazy that Tower can take 20 days to close. I guess if you want to use them at delivery you need to apply before having a VIN.

I stuck with my local credit union even though their best credit score rate is over 5%. I have multiple relationships with them and get very simple quick approval; plus I have contact info for people to get any needed actions done. So I'm happy to use them to ensure a smooth close. I sent them the MVPA in the afternoon and they wired the money to Tesla the next morning.

I'll look to refinance a few months after delivery. Many of my credit union rates have been good in the past; but a current 2-3% difference is way to much for me to stick with them if I plan to keep the new M3P awhile.
I didn't expect 20 days. This is not 90s! I got the VIN today and applied with them. Wish I knew I would have passed on them for sure. My credit score got hit and now 20 some days for approval.. I'll give them a few days before I apply for Tesla financing.

i financed my ID4 through tower and took close to 10 days. tower still runs on lot of paper and process literally stops on weekends.pls be prepared to upload lot of documentation and insist on insurance copy showing them as loss of payee before they release the cheque.so technically you may end up ur car insurance start date earlier before buying.

now i am trade in ID4 to Y with still loan balance. same thing...tesla want payoff statement... saturday, sunday and monday holidays. nothing done. now fun began. tower will not send your loan number or your member to anyone outside because of their privacy laws. tower sent me email (someone at tower typed) to me and tesla wont accept a plain email as proof to show the payofff... multiple calls and escalations... somehow i got payoff statement...

but they are one of the best in low rates in entire US.. probably i need to refinance my new Y from Tesla/USbank (given 5.99% APR)
money rules if we have patience ... lol

Reactions: jose3030
I do see issue from another post regarding Tesla finance.
I am going with Tesla finance (not any bank but directly tesla finance and tesla changed from US bank to Tesla finance last night) at 5.34% APR for today delivery.
is it easy to refinance from Tesla finance ? I do see people have reported very difficult to get hold off payoff statement from Tesla
anyone had luck transferring your loan from Tesla finance (not any bank like US bank/chase) to other lender ? how long does it takes ? easy to deal with ?
looking to refinance to Tower at 2.24% APR (36 months)

I applied last week, didn't hear anything. Called them today and the lady said to maybe call back wednesday or thursday of this week. I thought I misheard, then she repeated herself and said, it's only monday and we're a bit behind. They don't know when my application will be reviewed. Strange to say the least.
After posting this message, I went and applied with Adelfi and just got confirmation of my approval. less than 30 minutes. Rate is higher at 3.850, but eliminated a lot of potential headaches as my EDD window ends on 1/28 and I don't have a VIN yet. Might think about re-fi with Tower eventually if they get their act together.

Reactions: MacO512
Does anyone know why Tower is asking for a POA? If it really takes 20 days I am likely out too. Supposed to pick up next week.

I found this on their website.

I've only seen that Tesla needs the POA here in Texas to get you trip permits or complete sale of a trade in.

Maybe Tower state has different requirements, need it for them to get the title, or an internal process needed, or they need it for other manufacturers and are mistakenly requiring it for a Tesla. Either way, I wouldn't have any concern about signing a POA for a bank or car manufacturer if it clearly lists the purpose.