Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you become a member by opening a checking account? I see it's recommended to become member of the BC3 Alumni Association by paying 20 bucks, but on the BC3 website it says to become member check Armco website. I don't see anywhere that you can pay the BC3 membership fee to become eligible.
I just did the savings account. When you apply for membership, just select BC3. They’ll collect the fee afterwords

I have applied with Tower FCU, got membership and loan approved but the loan approval is expiring in a week, no VIN has been assigned yet! I am thinking to ask them to extend the approval, not sure if they will honor or not!

Has anybody tried Gold Coast FCU yet? Their rates are in a range, not sure what rate do we really end up getting at the end! Thinking of going with them if Tower FCU doesn't honor the extension.
My Tower approval expires tomorrow. Today they told me I would not be able to extend it after being told 3 weeks ago over the phone I would be able to extend it. So....I've applied with Adelfi.

How long does it take with tower after we submit po with vin, insurance details and notarized agreement?
It still takes a while: I probably placed like 5 calls after I submitted all that to ensure it got approved. I never got a hold of my loan processor. Left several messages and nothing. Asked to speak to a manager, and that’s when things actually sped up, and things got approved within 1-2 days after speaking to her.

I would suggest speaking to a manager.

my Armco membership shows approved pending but loan application shows approved, Thats strange. It tells me the approved amount and the term but does not mention anything about APR and how long is the approval valid for.
When did you submit the loan application? I have same status as you for membership. Loan status is pending
Both of mine are currently set to "Approved Pending". For the loan, its stuck on getting my membership approved. It looks like they are working through the memberships atm. I applied on Feb 15th, and got a notification this morning that I was approved for membership as they are adding the $19.65 to my loan amount. The last comment on my membership says "You should be receiving a call today or tomorrow to finalize your financing."

Heres to hoping i get a call today 🙃

Reactions: PK29 and StoXto3toY
After (trying to) working with Tower, Armco was a breeze. Submitted a loan app and then membership app online the next day. Everything happened online without any calls. Took a week start to finish to get everything done, when you grant them Monday being a bank holiday. Today I got my docs and say a mistake where GAP wasn’t added, put a message on my portal, and 90 minutes later got new docs. A few hours later, got notice the payoff has been sent.

The big plus for me is I did NOT need to chase or follow up with folks. They may not have immediately responded, but they would respond quickly vs. leaving messages for my loan processor and 10 days later still not hearing a thing.

one thing about ARMCO and messaging on their portal site, this coming from the agent I spoke to. If you enter a message, that puts you into the queue for them to look at. if later on, you put in a new message, this moves you to the back of the line even though you had a previous message that was unanswered. just fyi.

• Helpful
Reactions: vet757 and Cyclone
After (trying to) working with Tower, Armco was a breeze. Submitted a loan app and then membership app online the next day. Everything happened online without any calls. Took a week start to finish to get everything done, when you grant them Monday being a bank holiday. Today I got my docs and say a mistake where GAP wasn’t added, put a message on my portal, and 90 minutes later got new docs. A few hours later, got notice the payoff has been sent.

The big plus for me is I did NOT need to chase or follow up with folks. They may not have immediately responded, but they would respond quickly vs. leaving messages for my loan processor and 10 days later still not hearing a thing.
Their website says "Due to overwhelming auto loan demand, loan applications may not be reviewed for up to 3-4 weeks. We apologize for this inconvenience." I guess this wasn't an issue for you?