Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still pending at ARMCO since the middle of Feb. For the folks that got approved on ARMCO, did ARMCO contact you or did you call them to get the loan process moving?
Go to the "check loan application status" page, and send them a message if it's been stalled that long. Ensure you have answered their every question and provided every requested documents. Also, they can't move forward until your membership gets approved.

Go to the "check loan application status" page, and send them a message if it's been stalled that long. Ensure you have answered their every question and provided every requested documents. Also, they can't move forward until your membership gets approved.
My membership is approved applied 2/28. But the loan is still pending. No follow up or anything. I called them and they said its turn by turn of loan application. ugh and my EDD is next week Vin is already assigned.

Reactions: jaxp316
I received the tracking number and a copy of the cheque after another call. So I guess I am on track now!
Well I guess it’s not over until it’s over !! Did anyone observe this FedEx status? FedEx say’s shipping could not be delivered to Tesla…

Delay
Customer not available or business closed � Access is controlled by customer
SAN JOSE, CA

Is GAP protection advisable or a waste? Looks like ARMCO is offering it for $265 on a $53k loan. I thought these policies were way more expensive? My only reference point is my brother who paid $900 for GAP against a $34k loan on a Ford Mustang back in 2018. 🥲

Is GAP protection advisable or a waste? Looks like ARMCO is offering it for $265 on a $53k loan. I thought these policies were way more expensive? My only reference point is my brother who paid $900 for GAP against a $34k loan on a Ford Mustang back in 2018. 🥲
Your brother probably got it from the dealer. It’s cheaper with 3rd party financing. Personally, I got it, but I also got $70k on the loan. You never know if the car gets totaled and Tesla is 2024 drops prices from the 2023 spot, you may end up with a shortfall. That said, you may have an insurance payout that covers what’s left of the $53k loan.

Reactions: WF72431
I applied on the 27th and they conditionally approved my application on the 7th of March. They sent an email and I could view the status online. Still waiting on them to confirm the rate I was approved for as they did not mention that in their correspondence, but from other replies it sounds like they’ll honor the old rates through mid-April.
Similar situation here, applied on 2/19 and got conditional approval in early March, I can see my loan amount and term but no APR. Did you message them asking for the rate?

Similar situation here, applied on 2/19 and got conditional approval in early March, I can see my loan amount and term but no APR. Did you message them asking for the rate?
Yes, I did message them and sent over some their other requested documents. No response yet, but while my EDD is this month I don’t have a VIN, so not in a big hurry. If my VIN comes in, I’ll give them a call.

Yes, I did message them and sent over some their other requested documents. No response yet, but while my EDD is this month I don’t have a VIN, so not in a big hurry. If my VIN comes in, I’ll give them a call.
Same here.. just got a msg in the portal that Armco has conditionally approved my loan but no mention of the rate. I submitted my loan app on 02/28 so I hope they honor the lower rate effective on that date. Waiting on VIN from Tesla.. EDD 03/18 - 03/31.

I went with Southeast Financial Credit Union - cost me a 5 dollar contribution to Autism Tennessee to join. I got 3% for three years but their rates have increased since I locked in:

New Vehicles​

3.00% APR for 1 Year
3.25% APR for 2 Years
3.75% APR for 3 Years
4.00% APR for 4 Years
5.00% APR for 5 Years
5.50% APR for 6 Years
5.75% APR for 7 Years

Reactions: vet757
I went with Southeast Financial Credit Union - cost me a 5 dollar contribution to Autism Tennessee to join. I got 3% for three years but their rates have increased since I locked in:

New Vehicles​

3.00% APR for 1 Year
3.25% APR for 2 Years
3.75% APR for 3 Years
4.00% APR for 4 Years
5.00% APR for 5 Years
5.50% APR for 6 Years
5.75% APR for 7 Years
I went with them too, how did the check mailing process work with them? For me they sent it by regular mail last Monday and it looks like Tesla is yet to receive it.

They never gave me this option 🤦‍♂️ will call on Tuesday again and tell them to FedEx it if Tesla hasn’t received it by then
Well, they fedexed the check to me!! Sigh. I sent it along to Tesla via FEDEX with tracking myself this afternoon. Tesla has already acknowledged the tracking number and is shipping out my car. I am in Michigan or I guess I could have taken the check to a Tesla Service Center. But we have to have the sale completed out of state.