Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like you’re right, it says auto loans only get a 0.25% discount now https://www.fedchoice.org/join/events/#:~:text=25%25%20discount.,Credit%20Union's%20rate%20floor%20policy.

And yeah, they do seem to honor the rate lock. I didn’t sign any of the actual paperwork until after they had already raised their rates, but I still got the 3.99
That's good to know, thanks, congrats on 3.99 rate that's amazing! Did anyone find something lower than 5% that FedChoice is basically offering at this time?

I believe the discount now is .25%

The rates increased also.

Those who applied earlier locked in the old rates even if they had closed on their loans yet.

My understanding is they are making a LOT of Tesla loans.

I dont have any proof of this, but I have seen a few different threads about "Great rate on Teslas here!" gain enough traction that not too long after that, the financial institution gets swamped and changes rates. Said in plainer terms, activity here on this website has driven so much business / contact to some institutions they get overwhelmed and change rates on autoloans.

I dont have any proof of this, but I have seen a few different threads about "Great rate on Teslas here!" gain enough traction that not too long after that, the financial institution gets swamped and changes rates. Said in plainer terms, activity here on this website has driven so much business / contact to some institutions they get overwhelmed and change rates on autoloans.

I was one of the guys that locked in the 3.99% rate. My loan officer told me while I was going through the process that they were getting a ton of requests for them at that time. A lot of lurkers in here apparently.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Running into a hiccup with FedChoice. I asked for 100% financing since ill be selling my car after I get the FUSC transferred, but they're saying I need Gap insurance since the LTV is 118%. I cant get a hold of anybody there since they're on the east coast and close by the time i get off of work. How much is Gap? And why is the LTV greater than 100? Im trying to figure this out before Friday, but their so unresponsive in their messaging system.

Running into a hiccup with FedChoice. I asked for 100% financing since ill be selling my car after I get the FUSC transferred, but they're saying I need Gap insurance since the LTV is 118%. I cant get a hold of anybody there since they're on the east coast and close by the time i get off of work. How much is Gap? And why is the LTV greater than 100? Im trying to figure this out before Friday, but their so unresponsive in their messaging system.
Gap with Fedchoice is $449. You can add it to the loan or pay it out right.

Reactions: amoney805
Another question about FedChoice. I finally got my loan finalized and my account says "check disbursed". Do they mean they wired the money to tesla, or are they mailing me a check? Im scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow at 11:30, and its a two hr drive for me.

Mine also said check disbursed, but the money was wired to Tesla. No real issues picking up my car

• Informative
Reactions: amoney805
EECU is offering 4.89% on auto loans which is the same I got from FedChoice since I missed the 3.99 by a day.

EECU is offering 4.89% on auto loans which is the same I got from FedChoice since I missed the 3.99 by a day.

Where are you seeing that rate? EECU -