Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crushed glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving on a country road, a dead tree branch fell and hit my roof at the only spot that could take out the glass roof and windshield (see photo attached). Fortunately, I was able to maintain control and stop safely. The car was beautifully restored by Cole’s Collision in Colonie, NY. However during repair work, it was noted that a door panel had been previously worked on and this was not disclosed when I purchased vehicle(new) from Tesla. Also, it was noted that during manufacture, no glue had been applied to upper half of windshield (VIN 10xxx). The saga continues.....

Attachments

• A51FFEC1-C4E8-412C-ABB2-D81951E27341.jpeg
    A51FFEC1-C4E8-412C-ABB2-D81951E27341.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Informative
Reactions: CyberGus
Manufacturers and automotive dealers are not required to disclose repairs to new vehicles prior to sale. Obviously there are limits; a new vehicle that has been in a flood cannot be sold except with a salvage title. Most new vehicle damage is cosmetic, requires painting a panel or replacing a bumper cover or auto glass. The manufacturer's warranty still applies and you'll probably never know if your new vehicle was repaired prior to delivery. Damage from hail, if not too severe, can be repaired by the dealer. Sometimes Tesla notifies a customer that delivery of their new Tesla needs to be rescheduled due to having to replace the windshield or the hood. It's great that Tesla provides the customer with this information but not required.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
While driving on a country road, a dead tree branch fell and hit my roof at the only spot that could take out the glass roof and windshield (see photo attached). Fortunately, I was able to maintain control and stop safely. The car was beautifully restored by Cole’s Collision in Colonie, NY. However during repair work, it was noted that a door panel had been previously worked on and this was not disclosed when I purchased vehicle(new) from Tesla. Also, it was noted that during manufacture, no glue had been applied to upper half of windshield (VIN 10xxx). The saga continues.....

Glad you are OK! When was your car manufactured?