Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ctrl-Bar - physical controls buttons for MY/M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest News: Update to ERROR on Ctrl-Bar

Hi!

My name is Vetle, and I am the CEO of Greenmission. I am contacting you concerning the ERROR issue with Ctrl-Bar that many of our customers are experiencing.

You chose the Ctrl-Bar for its promise of enhancing your driving experience, and it's our responsibility to honor that choice. This has yet to be the case for some Ctrl-Bar customers in Asia and North America.

As the CEO, I feel a great responsibility for delivering on our original promise. I share your disappointment and frustration on this issue.

Our commitment to a solution:

• Upgraded Development Team: We have now transitioned to a new team of more experienced developers who are now working full-time to solve this issue. With significant more capacity and experience we will significantly shorten the resolution time.
  • Enhanced Solutions: The Ctrl-Bar functions as intended in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. However, due to a glitch in Tesla's platform, the transition of the public key is unsuccessful for Teslas in North America and Asia. We anticipate that once Tesla rectifies this glitch, the Ctrl-Bar will operate smoothly in these regions as well. Nonetheless, we are not idly waiting for a resolution; we are now using significant resources to actively investigating various promising solutions to not only expedite the resolution of this issue but also to ensure it is addressed sustainably, ultimately enhancing your experience with Ctrl-Bar.
  • Regular Updates: We understand the importance of communication and regret any lapse in updates you may have experienced. Starting today, we commit to sending you weekly updates.
  • Being less dependent: We are working on a completely new way of connecting to your car that will work regardless of an internet connection, and will not be vulnerable to such issues caused by Tesla. This will be a free OTA update later!

We share your eagerness to see this issue resolved and are dedicating substantial resources to make it right. Our customers' trust and support have allowed us to grow, and we are determined to maintain that trust.

A Note on Refunds: We are mindful of the impact that widespread refunds could have on our ability to resolve this issue and continue delivering the innovative products you expect from us. We are working tirelessly to avoid such an outcome and sincerely hope for your continued patience and understanding.

A Note on support tickets: We are receiving a high number of support ticets every day, and are doing our best to answer them. Thank you for your patience with this.

We are grateful for your support and understanding as we navigate this challenge. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. Thank you for your patience, your understanding, and, most importantly, your trust in us. We are committed to making this right.

As promised earlier, existing customers will be offered substantial discounts on coming products :)

I wish I saw this thread before ordering mine. I just received it and already feeling some buyers remorse. It is glitchy. The buttons work… sometimes. It also seems to require the app to be open and in the foreground on my Android phone in order to work correctly. The LED light adjustment worked until it didn’t. Now I can’t adjust its brightness or its color.

I am going to keep experimenting with it for a few days but I am also not going to sit around waiting (hoping) these issues get resolved. If it’s not ready for market, I am not willing to be their Guinea pig for testing it while they work out the bugs. If it comes down to it and they refuse to honor a refund then I will initiate a charge back, which would unfortunately hurt them more than simply refunding. I’ll update this post shortly on this all.