Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cup Holder Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might help if you were more specific, (need more, wider, etc.)

You DO realize you can put drinks in the doors as well, right? There are liners that might promise to make them more friendly.

(How bad is your drinking problem that 1 drink holder per person isn't enough?)

Here are some protection parts that is really helpful for Model Y

I have one that is similar to the Abstract Ocean model linked above. It has worked well for me and has fit everything that I've needed. But I rarely use the very large 44oz soda cups or large water bottles so can't comment on those.

I did briefly use one of the single-piece hard plastic units that slide into the middle spot between the two cups holders. It might help with the very large 44oz cups or water bottles but did nothing for me.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Have Basenor ones coming in the mail tomorrow to try out. I like it because they seem to be one of the only ones that do not come over the top edge of the cup holder cutouts. Lots of reviews say that it is too small for bigger water bottles but I use the side pockets for those sealed bottles/mugs.

I've been waiting for Evannex ones to come back in stock as they're the only ones that have the flexible "flaps" to accommodate various size cups.

Reactions: CleanDemon
I have one of these. I do not recommend. They are too tight for most cups. I pulled it out.

I think the best solution is one of the type that just clicks into the gap space with a spring that secures the cup. That is my TBD acquisition.
Agreed. I first got the one that is too tight and replaced it with the one that fits in the gap. Works great for me! I use it for 17 oz stainless steel thermoses. a 17 oz insulated travel mug, and various soft drink cans and bottles. I usually put a coozie around anything that is not already insulated.

To each their own. I live in the desert so I usually take at least two beverages with me whenever I go out, even on short trips. I use an LL Bean tote (with short handles) to ferry stuff out to and back from the car.

Reactions: exxxviii
The rubber liners make it hard to get the cups out, or at least vertically sided insulated drinking bottles anyway. So I removed mine.

The center insert with spring loaded grips, which I had before the liner, scratches the finish on all my insulated containers so that’s gine too.

Using it now in factory form I’mnot convinced anything is needed…

Reactions: Owner4523
I know a lot of people on here doesn’t like the silicone inserts because they’re too tight for bigger insulated bottles/mug but I just normally put those in the side door pocket. I do know that there are some jugs with open mouths but just personally I don’t have any of those.

At the end of the day the cup holders just kind of suck in the Teslas unfortunately.

The rubber liners make it hard to get the cups out, or at least vertically sided insulated drinking bottles anyway. So I removed mine.

The center insert with spring loaded grips, which I had before the liner, scratches the finish on all my insulated containers so that’s gine too.

I'm in the same boat as you were here. I find the inserts make the space to tight, and cups go in and out better without one. What did you end up doing?

Agree, why would you need anything extra in the cup holders, the stock setup seems water tight and easy to clean.

Reactions: Owner4523
Have Basenor ones coming in the mail tomorrow to try out. I like it because they seem to be one of the only ones that do not come over the top edge of the cup holder cutouts. Lots of reviews say that it is too small for bigger water bottles but I use the side pockets for those sealed bottles/mugs.

I've been waiting for Evannex ones to come back in stock as they're the only ones that have the flexible "flaps" to accommodate various size cups.

Evannex rubber insert. This is what I have, works great. Fits the Starbucks slim metal thermos that holds 16 ounces (grande) perfectly. Also snugly holds their 3 different paper cup sizes. I don't do any kind of 32 or 64 ounce big gulps, so YMMV. The red California themed thermos matches my Y too.

RT