Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curing time for Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the documents that came with my Ceramic Pro Gold treatment, it says 2-3 weeks is necessary for the coating to fully cure, and the installer said not to wash for two weeks. So does everyone really wait that long for curing before taking it out regularly and exposing the coating to the elements?

mine were cured indoors using some lamps or similar devices (car was surrounded by them) - , yet had to "cure" for some weeks ... then I went on a vacation (5weeks) - so it had to be as cured as possible - but if you read my story at Which Ceramic Coating should I buy?
you will understand that I think all this extra process of "awaiting" is a placebo/nocebo to make a customer feel that something important is happening. - I mean, a much thicker paint coat cures much faster than this.. something is strange :)

Well, a paint hardens to the hardness of a paint, but a ceramic coating conceivably could take longer since it is supposed to be as hard as 9H. I did notice that there was a pinprick spot in my windshield on the way home from the shop (the windshield got 2 layers of ceramic). So that made me think twice about driving it daily. Still waiting...