Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious : Is there any HW2 owners that opted for AP1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What features can we expect for the AP1 equivalent software on our HW2 cars?

Here is what they list as being the features in EAP that are not in the AP Convenience Features package:
  • Using 4 cameras instead of 1. (Two front facing and the two rear facing side cameras.)
  • Smart Summon
  • Self-park when near a parking spot
  • Autosteer+
  • Automatic lane change
  • On-ramp to off-ramp navigation
  • Transition from one freeway to another
  • Match speed to traffic conditions (Not sure if this is just TACC or enhanced to account for weather/construction/etc.)

It seems to me they are not promising much more than they originally promised with AP1. Now the chance of these functions actually working is increased with the additional sensors and computing power, but it seems they were grasping at straws to come up with a list of advancements to convince those with the surprise AP2 hardware to pony up the extra $2K

It seems to me they are not promising much more than they originally promised with AP1. Now the chance of these functions actually working is increased with the additional sensors and computing power, but it seems they were grasping at straws to come up with a list of advancements to convince those with the surprise AP2 hardware to pony up the extra $2K
or $2500 in my case...I got in when AP was $2500...Couldn't see spending double on lane change and freeway exits...

If we get the equivalent of AP1 on our cars- then I say we got a great deal at the $2.5k or $3k price. Fingers crossed the software arrives as promised.

I agree, I've always thought AP1 was ahead of its time and would be just fine with the equivalent to it. Now I'm just waiting to see if anyone in this situation gets the update like those who opted for it.

Reactions: hillestadk