Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Best Tesla Loan Rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Carolina Cooperative FCU has 1.99% for 84 months. Anyone can join for $20. They are pretty low tech but got approved today, hard to beat that rate.
I'm trying to use Carolina Cooperative FCU, but their application process is paper. I requested a membership application a week ago today on 4/26. I received an email confirming the request the next day. Yesterday (4 business days after the request) I received the paper membership and loan applications. I sent them back overnight today. It takes on average 5 business days for them to process the loan once they open the account. I applied the day after I got my VIN and my EDD then was May 9 - 13. I still don't have a deliver appointment, but today my EDD updated to May 3 - 7. I may run out of time to use Carolina Cooperative FCU.

• Funny
Reactions: 3geekfamily
I'm trying to use Carolina Cooperative FCU, but their application process is paper. I requested a membership application a week ago today on 4/26. I received an email confirming the request the next day. Yesterday (4 business days after the request) I received the paper membership and loan applications. I sent them back overnight today. It takes on average 5 business days for them to process the loan once they open the account. I applied the day after I got my VIN and my EDD then was

May 9 - 13. I still don't have a deliver appointment, but today my EDD updated to May 3 - 7. I may run out of time to use Carolina Cooperative FCU.
Their standard email says it takes 5 days I got approval the day they received my app and funded the day I got MVPA. A little extra work but for that rate and term was worth it to me.

Reactions: Silence88
Their standard email says it takes 5 days I got approval the day they received my app and funded the day I got MVPA. A little extra work but for that rate and term was worth it to me.
Thanks for sharing that, hopefully mine moves as quickly as well! Tesla moving up my EDD combined with how long the application took to arrive had me concerned. If they process my application as quickly as they did yours I should be fine.

Carolina Cooperative FCU received my membership application and loan application with MVPA (listing them as lender) yesterday thanks to a delay from the carrier. Nothing from them yet. The upside to this parts hold is I have more time to get this done.

Reactions: Quest4net
Carolina Cooperative FCU received my membership application and loan application with MVPA (listing them as lender) yesterday thanks to a delay from the carrier. Nothing from them yet. The upside to this parts hold is I have more time to get this done.
Carolina Cooperative FCU approved my loan today. 72 months @ 1.99%. It took them about 3 business days from receiving my application - faster than the average time they quoted. Now all I need is for my Y to come off of parts hold.

Got 2.19% with 60 month term from USE Credit Union. Applied online over the weekend, loan approved today instantly after I called and a live person looked at it, CU membership also approved and completed after a call to the branch. Waiting for Tesla to “approve the intake of my Model 3 trade in” and generate a new MVPA so I can send to lender to release funds.

Reactions: Silence88
This is exactly what I did. I financed through Tesla, kept it simple, put minimum down (taxes/fees only), and then when I had my Tesla loan, I paid the remainder of my intended true "Down Payment" into the Tesla loan, and then just re-financed into DCU for 65 months @ 1.24%.

DCU won't charge any fees, nor most major lenders, but I did see this in my Tesla Finance agreement:

View attachment 778495

I was not charged anything with US Bank (My Tesla preferred lender I guess), but you should be able to confirm with Tesla/Lender prior to taking delivery. I don't know if this refers to making a payment before it's due, or if it's referring to early pay off. This looks like standard lender language to me though.

In terms of investments, I always act as carefully as possible and try to learn more and more information about new investments that I make. I often visit the Fit My Money website to read useful articles. One of the last articles I read was an article on the best credit cards for travel without an annual fee.
Thank you for sharing your experience.