Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all due respect, your assessment may be somewhat accurate to most based on history. However, there are some June/July orders already being delivered ahead of April/May. How do you know that the current April/May folks that have not received delivery are the exception to the rule for some odd reason? The majority of people that order a Tesla probably aren’t even part of this forum and we have no clue what their experience has been.

I am not saying I have any better idea than you or anyone else (unless someone has Elon’s cell #???) however, I am still hoping for my August delivery with a 6/19 order date. We also have no idea what Tesla is doing in response to the increase in demand and decrease in supplies. We do know prices have sky rocketed, so perhaps that extra money is being used to somehow speed up production?

I feel for the April/May folks still waiting and pray that they do get delivery ASAP, before me. But I also hope that I don’t have to wait until October myself…

Thank you for checking the reality of folks.. Thats why I said my june 1st order should be an august but they stated september..
Again I said I could be wrong. But I based it on last months deliveries, the teslike spreadsheet and my experience. And I understand that not all people are on this forum and there are exceptions. But to use normal logistic sense then I would have a car by now. If state, city and order date mattered as much as people think, I would have a car by now. Anyone in 50 miles of the factory would have a car, west WA and TX would have cars before the New Jersey people.

based on the information on this, forum and the teslike spreadsheet, that I have seen Tesla had VINs to the east coast this month. So using the logic of normal logistics, they use freight to move their cars across the country and then by truck. Logistics show that the north east bound and north central bound deliveries would go through Chicago, my delivery city. City state and order date would tell me that I would have a car before a New Jersey car that was order late June. I would have had a car last quarter if that was legit the case. I get there are exceptions to all of it, but Tesla logistics doesn’t seem to follow normal trends.

and yes my knowledge is limited, but my knowledge is definitely not random and is based of some data sets and observations. But there are people in major rail hubs who are still waiting but by the city, state and order date logic….there should be April, May or early June orders still open in those rail hub areas because logistically speaking if you had orders for Chicago and where going through Chicago you would be doing drop off.

So yes please do speak about your knowledge and why you think otherwise, show me data that “brings me back to reality”. All I was doing was bringing data points to the front because there are a LOT of new people on this forum and there have been some late June and early July orders that have been being “fulfilled” (I say that because most haven’t taken delivery yet) and I think those people are the outliers. Just trying to set expectations.

Nope haven't had a hold completed everything as soon as I could. The only thing I can think is against me is being in Michigan but I'm not too sure about that either. Honestly it has to be the chip shortage and other supply line issues imo.
Same, I'm in Michigan as well, ordered a little after you (5/22), same config except mine is MSM. EDD is Sep 9-29, yet others here with mid/late June orders in other states have July and August EDDs.

I dont mean to belabor this whole button-gate scandal...but I would really like to hear from someone with a recent order date confirm if that section was added to their order page. It would make me feel better either way.
We ordered 7/7, MYLR, white/black, 5 seat, 19”, with tow, no FSD. We do have the new greyed-out “blue button”, so I’m assuming everyone got it

Attachments

• BB6AA997-44DB-49F1-BFEB-041B00995CC8.png
    BB6AA997-44DB-49F1-BFEB-041B00995CC8.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: BitJam
ordered Model Y in Colorado on June 13th: LR, white, black interior, 20 inch, tow , EDD jumped all over the place (anything from August 2nd to October). Now it's relatively stable at August 26 - Sept 13th. No VIN. Went to showroom and asked about the delivery process. The person helping me looked up our order in their computer and said the EDD in the account is all wrong. Our car should be coming out of the factory on Aug 29th + 10 days for shipping to Colorado, so we should expect delivery in the 2nd week of September.

ordered Model Y in Colorado on June 13th: LR, white, black interior, 20 inch, tow , EDD jumped all over the place (anything from August 2nd to October). Now it's relatively stable at August 26 - Sept 13th. No VIN. Went to showroom and asked about the delivery process. The person helping me looked up our order in their computer and said the EDD in the account is all wrong. Our car should be coming out of the factory on Aug 29th + 10 days for shipping to Colorado, so we should expect delivery in the 2nd week of September.
So why is the account EDD all wrong? What they told you is within that time frame.

Hmmm… isnt September 13th the 2nd week of September so then your EDD is infact correct?

Where are you taking delivery? We’re getting ours at the Littleton SC. We talked to an SA there last weekend and he told us not to expect our car until October. 7/7 order and EDD holding at 8/27-9/16, so I’m hoping he’s wrong but who knows

My EDD was the same today (7/30-8/5), but I noticed that the review agreements section was now showing with a greyed out review button. I decided to call and see if they had an update and they finally did! They told me the vehicle is on a train and should arrive on 8/2. They let me schedule a pickup for 8/3. After scheduling the pickup appointment the EDD changed to the scheduled pickup day. Also, the final payment section is now showing.

I think there is a high probability of getting HEPA since the build date is supposed to be 7/18. I will update on 8/3 after pickup to confirm.
7/18 build should definitely have HEPA. There are YouTube videos showing cars built on 7/1 with HEPA. I’d be very surprised if yours does not.

Reactions: cgell
7/18 build should definitely have HEPA. There are YouTube videos showing cars built on 7/1 with HEPA. I’d be very surprised if yours does not.
That makes me feel better. I knew of cars in the first week or two of July getting it, but didn’t realize it started on 7/1.

The only reason I even questioned it is because when I asked for the build date he used a term I had never heard before… he said 7/18 was the final gate (Maybe I heard him wrong and he said something like final build date?) So I don’t know if it’s the same as the build date or if he was giving me the date it left the factory (or maybe that’s the same?). Either way seems like I will most likely get HEPA. As I said, I’ll update once I get it.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Update: after trying to make thing happen over the phone, went to DC/SC in person. Super friendly and helpful, I tried to get the car today but they said it hadn't been detailed yet, I didn't push the issue but asked if they could at least move the appointment sooner than 3 PM tomorrow. We're now on for 1 PM, just made payment (required in TX, no option to inspect before payment).
Wow you’re so close! Congrats, very happy for you. Also, don’t get your hopes up about their “detailing”. They use that word very loosely lol

Reactions: BitJam
Where are you taking delivery? We’re getting ours at the Littleton SC. We talked to an SA there last weekend and he told us not to expect our car until October. 7/7 order and EDD holding at 8/27-9/16, so I’m hoping he’s wrong but who knows
Superior, Colorado. When we test drove the Model Y they had a LOT of Model Y's in the parking lot, but that was at the end of the quarter. When I went there earlier this week they only had a few. When we originally ordered the car the EDD on the order page was "September", so I got excited to see early August, but now we're back in September, which is fine with me. When did you place your order?
I don't quite understand why the EDD has to jump all over the place. I'm wondering if they use some crappy AI and a random number generator....